This job is no longer available
They are looking for a ‘Deputy Compliance & MLRO’:
- Deputize the Compliance Officer in Overseeing at all levels, compliance with regulatory requirements and the observance of the highest standard of business conduct should be followed.
- Facilitate ensuring that adequate and effective system of internal controls are established and maintained
- Provide a proactive and expert advisory service on all regulatory issues applicable to the client’s business.
- Assist in identifying and assessing potential compliance issues, guides and educates staff on laws, rules and standards and performs a monitoring and reporting role.
- Provide timely compliance reporting to Compliance Officer as necessary.
- Should be in regular contact with external regulators in order to maintain good relations between company and its regulators and be involved in or informed of any meetings with regulators.
- Act as Deputy MLRO, ensuring the day to day compliance with AML/CFT legislation and regulations and assist in establishing and maintaining the company’s AML policies and procedures.
- Monitor the day to day operations of company in relation to the policies and procedures for tracking financial crime and Respond to requests for information made by Financial Intelligence unit and the Central Bank of Bahrain.
- Assist the MLRO with respect to handling Suspicious transaction reports (STR’s) and establishing and maintaining adequate arrangements for staff awareness and training on AML/CFT manuals;
- Proceed with daily screening searches and monitoring of high risk customer transactions
- Ensure that proper reporting and documentation are carried out regularly and reviewed.
- Minimum Bachelors degree from recognized university (insurance, economic, Law or finance)
- 3-5 years experience in compliance/regulatory matters
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations to insurance industry both locally and internationally
- Good computer skills with excellent command in excel.
- Knowledge of using Oracle systems is a plus.