This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
- Make various tests of swimming pool water in order to keep it in balance
- Operate and adjust pool equipment on the basis of water tests and the use of the pool
- Maintain pool chlorine content, pH, temperature, and purity at the proper level
- Detect need for necessary maintenance of pool equipment
- Maintain the pool area and assigned building and grounds area in a clean, sanitary, and safe condition
- Safely use swimming pool maintenance and custodial equipment
- Safely use chemical and cleaning agents used in swimming pool maintenance and custodial work
- Safely lift and move heavy supplies, equipment, and furniture
- Read, understand, and follow written and oral directions
- Maintain log of water tests and pool operation
- Work effectively and harmoniously with fellow employees, and customers.
- Graduation from high school or its equivalent.
- One year of full-time, paid experience in the technical operation and maintenance of a swimming pool.
- Knowledge of Equipment, chemicals, and tests used to maintain proper chlorination, pH control, temperature, and purity of swimming pool water
- Knowledge of Cleaning, sterilization, and sanitation methods and techniques used in pool maintenance and custodial work
- Knowledge of Safety and health practices relating to swimming pool operation and maintenance and custodial work
- Basic record keeping techniques