This job is no longer available
Jordan Valley Marriott resort & Spa Dead Sea - Jordan
1) To ensure that service stations are prepared stocked and ready for service.
2) To greet all guests, using the guests’ name as often as possible.
3) To take orders, served food and drinks to ensure that guests have a great experience within the department.
4) To maintain highest level of cleanliness, including safety of furniture, fixtures and fittings. To ‘clean as you go’ to ensure a clean and tidy work area.
5) To ensure that the guests bill is accurate, and on the table at all times as per the redlining LSOP -.
6) To ensure that payment is received from all guests, and is posted in Micros.
7) To recommend and ‘sell’ to guests through menu knowledge, suggestive and up-selling techniques.
8) To be responsible for the safe keeping of all keys.
9) To ensure that all food and beverage products are correctly stored, dated, labelled and rotated where necessary.
10) To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, and meet hotel grooming and uniform standards.
11) To ensure the Cashier Tally Sheets are accurate and any discrepancies are noted and signed by a supervisor. To also ensure Account and House charges are recorded accurately and signed by a supervisor or manager.
12) To maintain healthy inter-departmental relationships.
13) To adhere to the Licensing Laws and Weights and Measure Acts
14) To be empowered to deal with guest problems, through following the LEARN process and complete guest response forms, and to seek advice when unsure what to do.
15) To promote awareness of health, safety and security within the department for associates and guests. Example fire alert points, exits, extinguishers, table clips etc.
16) To develop self and others, by responding t and giving feedback to other associates.
17) To comply with 70 point checklist, and food handling procedures.
18) To follow service excellence standards at all times.
* Presentable and hospitable
* Very good English skills
* Ability and willingness to learn
* Basic computer skills
* Flexibility to work morning/evening shifts and split shifts
About This Company
Luxurious surroundings, majestic views, incredible sunsets - this is the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa. Relax and rejuvenate at this stunning resort tucked between the mountains and the Dead Sea near ancient, sacred sites such as Mount Nebo and the Jordan River. Our staff will pamper you and our amenities will leave you wishing to stay longer. Almost every guest room features a view of the Dead Sea, as well as comforts such as individual climate control, mini-bar and luxurious bedding. Tempting dining options include Il Terrazzo for Italian, Jo's Steakhouse (fall & winter months), Cascades BBQ (spring)and beach and pool bars for casual moments. For recreation, choose from our tennis court, 3 swimming pools with 4 whirlpools, 2 movie theaters, and beach-front terraces for curling up with a good book. At our spa, we offer invigorating treatments using natural elements of the Dead Sea. Our grand ballroom holds up to 600 reception-style and the outside terrace makes your event as memorable as our sunset