This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all the Company’s marketing strategies, marketing communication and public relations activities, both external and internal. Overseas development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations.
FMCG experience is required. Food industry
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
2) Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
3) Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
4) Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
5) Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
6) Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
7) Consult with product development personnel on product specifications such as design, color, and packaging.
8) Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
9) Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
10) Select products and accessories to be displayed at trade or special production shows.
11) Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement and royalty sharing with outside producers and distributors.
12) Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market products and services.
13) Advise business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services.
14) Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
15) Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
16) Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products and services.
• Female candidates are preferred for this role
• University degree in marketing or business studies is preferred
• Minimum 5 year experience in the same field primarily in FMCG - food products industry
• Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
• Strong, creative, strategic, analytical a, organizational and personal sales skills
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
• Strong oral and written communications skills