This job is no longer available
Associate Cafeteria Attendant
Renaissance Hotel Cairo - Cairo, Egypt
To provide an effective service in the Cafeteria to all hotel associates by setting up all food, cold and hot, beverages and anything else designated to the cafeteria for consumption by the staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Responsible for the appearance of the food throughout cafeteria meal periods and breaks.
2) Issue food to the staff as instructed by the Supervisor using portion control.
3) Daily cleaning of service area, refrigerators and worktops.
4) Cleaning of tables and chairs and to replenish condiments as and when necessary, prior to meal periods.
5) Must check with Supervisor or Sous Chef before going off duty.
6) Must leave sufficient items and mis en place ready for next shift to take over.
7) Must report any shortage of food or problems to the Supervisor or the Sous Chef.
8) Fill out on a daily basis the appropriate cleaning chart for his/her area.
9) Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed.
10) Be available to come to any meetings whilst on or off duty (off duty meetings will be paid).
11) Follow the ‘Clean as you go’ policy at all times.
12) Rotation of foods - Old First Newest Last.
13) Any other request made by Executive Chef or other management, including stooping, bending and lifting weights up to and including 30 pounds will normally be required.
14) Breaks and meals - as laid down in staff handbook, 2 x 15 minute breaks, and 1 x 30 minutes for lunch or dinner, depending on hours of work.
15) If an employee is sick, he will report to or contact the Executive Chef or Sous Chef immediately and then follow SSP procedure as in Staff Handbook.
16) Be aware of accident prevention and help to enforce safe work conditions - Zero Accidents is our Goal.
17) Follow all regulations as outlined and directed.
18) No employee to be on the property after working hours without authorisation of manager.
19) Overtime will be paid with manager’s prior approval.
20) Overtime will be approved as and when business levels dictate.
21) Any violation of any of the above rules will subject to disciplinary action.
22) Adhere to hotel fire, health and safety regulations and procedures.
About This Company
At Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, you'll find a place where simple delights become memorable moments. Where distinctive style flirts with touches of whimsy. And where unparalleled service and uncommon sophistication always provide a unique experience.