This job is no longer available
Renaissance Hotel Cairo - Cairo, Egypt
• Properly handle all administrative work with regard to performance appraisals and terminations of staff. Assist the Front Office Manager in interviewing and hiring.
• Implement proper training program and control the training of the staff to top efficiency and in accordance with Marriott and Bell Stand policies.
• Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
• Provide job descriptions and an updated training manual.
• Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each. Ensure that all bell staff associates are properly trained in these procedures.
• Constantly monitor bell stand participation in the hotel's Second Effort Program.
• Understand and adhere to budgeted wage and hour limitations for staff.
• Maintain close control and inventory of uniforms and equipment on hand.
• Establish/ensure lobby procedures (post positions, cleanliness, etc.).
• Establish/ensure a workable check-room system for luggage that protects the hotel and guest from loss or damage.
• Establish/ensure rooming procedures.
• Establish/ensure rules and regulations.
• Establish/ensure system for handling groups luggage on arrival and departure.
• Establish/ensure valet procedure and maintain an accurate "hold valet" system to ensure that it is kept in balance on a monthly basis.
• Prepare and post weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
• Conduct frequent inspections to ensure that staff is meeting all company dress codes and personal appearance standards (uniforms cleaned and pressed, shoes shined, name tags, hair, moustaches are neat and trimmed, etc.)
• Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs (pass-on, hold valet, hotel vehicle, etc.).
• Ensure that staff is reporting gratuities in accordance with established policies. Monitor associates' hours to prevent overtime.
• Ensure that all hotel vehicles are in good repair and cleaned and serviced regularly in accordance with vehicle control guidelines.
• Ensure that all staff equipment is maintained in proper working condition.
• Maintain a good working relationship between the staff and other departments.
• Determine the requirements for, and the follow-up on, special groups or VIPs.
• Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
• Have accurate and complete guest assistance information available regarding events taking place in town, restaurants, athletic events, etc.
• Constantly stress to the staff that they are the most effective tool in merchandising the hotel. Establish a "sales pitch" for the staff to use when assisting guests.
• Ensure that staff is soliciting Marriott Comment Cards.
• Ensure proper delivery of morning newspapers to all Marquis, VIPs, and Concierge guests.
• Handle all VIP's rooming, check-out, airport pick-up, and drop-off, etc.
• Maintain accurate and complete information regarding airport limousine transportation.
• Keep the Front Office Manager informed of all unusual occurrences of special operations. Stay informed concerning anticipated volume of guests' arrivals and departures.
• Hold monthly staff meetings.
• "Sell" the amenities of the hotel, e.g., restaurant, lounge, etc.
• Complete tip sheet each week.
• Interview and hire staff; perform reviews and terminations.
• Must have a valid state driver's license with no restrictions.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and on weekends.
• Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
About This Company
At Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, you'll find a place where simple delights become memorable moments. Where distinctive style flirts with touches of whimsy. And where unparalleled service and uncommon sophistication always provide a unique experience.