This job is no longer available
Renaissance Hotel Cairo - Cairo, Egypt
• Attend daily Banquet Event Order (BEO) meeting and coordinate plan to execute service per contracts.
• Receive room function assignments.
• Ensure all functions are posted correctly on the event board in the lobby.
• Maintains constant contact with the Banquet Chef to ensure complete, effective communication between food production and food service. Gives exact count after guests have been seated; advises as to last minute timing.
• Supervise banquet service staff (including servers, bartenders, etc.). Assign server stations and function sidework duties; supervise service received by guests throughout each function assigned; supervise clearing and post-function clean-up of function rooms, aisle, storage areas and equipment.
• Inspect table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement by set-up crew and to ensure that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive.
• Responsible for proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables used for catering functions.
• Ensure all scheduled functions take place on time and according to plan. All rooms are to be ready 20 minutes before time on BEO.
• Prepare and deliver daily summary.
• Assess and deliver staff training needs.
• Prepare guest check, using accurate guest counts, and secure host authorization.
• Supervise the handling, storage, and security of all Catering Service equipment.
• Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
About This Company
At Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, you'll find a place where simple delights become memorable moments. Where distinctive style flirts with touches of whimsy. And where unparalleled service and uncommon sophistication always provide a unique experience.