This job is no longer available
Renaissance Hotel Cairo - Cairo, Egypt
Supports the General Manager and his/her team by completing administrative responsibilities. Duties include organizing, composing and distributing correspondence to both associates and guests, initial response and follow up to inquiries and collecting and tracking problem resolution information.
• Acts as a receptionist for manager and, when necessary, other department members, providing assistance to callers as required.
• Provides administrative support to manager/s and department.
• Produces and distributes correspondence as required.
• Composes, produces and signs correspondence on routine matters.
• Answers department phones.
• Makes new files, maintains existing files.
• Assists managers in preparation of various reports and presentations.
• Handles guest correspondence.
• Ensures that communication is distributed from the General Manager to the staff via email, voicemail or bulletin boards.
• Keeps inventory of and orders all office supplies, printed collateral and customer gifts.
• Processes upgrades and amenities for VIPs.
• Processes all gift certificates and processes reservations in relation to those issued.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the administrative assistance, clerical services, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Job Specific Computer Skills - Using computer hardware and software specific to job (e.g., MARSHA, PMS, SFA, NGS, Delphi, Point of Sale, HR technology).
• Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
• Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
About This Company
At Renaissance® Hotels & Resorts, you'll find a place where simple delights become memorable moments. Where distinctive style flirts with touches of whimsy. And where unparalleled service and uncommon sophistication always provide a unique experience.