This job is no longer available
Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites - Dubai, UAE
To ensure all maintenance and repairs in the hotels are promptly attended to, utilizing all available resources in the most efficient manner; thereby ensuring a high level of guest satisfaction and organizational profitability in an atmosphere of high employee morale.
* Provide support service to the Engineering Department Head and to assist in meeting the strategic goals of the department.
* Coordinate and respond to telephone requests from guests and general work requests; direct and dispatch work assignments to * Engineering trades via telephone, paging system or radio.
* Maintain work order request board, assign work request to engineering associates and return completed work orders to respective originating departments as per standard and procedure.
* Coordinate the preventative maintenance programs.
* Maintain accurate records of all Engineering equipments and meters.
* Establish and maintain trace file with regards to all scheduled inspections required by local law
* Maintain period contract and fixed expense files including raising all purchase orders and filing of all related service documentation.
* Process requisition orders and distributes paperwork to accounts payable.
* Prepare purchase accrual summary at month end and forward to accounting department.
* Maintain an effective filing system for engineering purchasing, tracking paid and unpaid invoices.
* Ensure compliance with legislated workplace heath and safety requirements
* Assist in maintaining the attendance recording system and ensure accuracy prior to payroll run
* Comply with Hotel specific Standards and Procedures.
* Ensure all requests for maintenance are carried out within an acceptable time frame.
* Become familiar and operate the Hotel Building Automation system.
* Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
* Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
· Ideally will have experience in a similar supervisory position within front office department.
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· Able to work alone and within a team
· Problem Solving and Complain Handling
· Strong organizational and time management skills
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential
About This Company
The Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites has an ideal location overlooking both the Dubai Palm and Dubai Marina. Only 30 minutes from Dubai International Airport, this 4 star property boasts 232 sensational one, two and three bedroom suites. Situated close to Internet City, Media City and Emaar Business Park the Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites caters for corporate executives or leisure travelers on short or extended visits. Within a 10 minute walk of the hotel you will find yourself in Dubai Marina, next to Dubai Yacht Club and Dubai Marina Mall, venture a little further on the exciting new Dubai Metro and you are within easy reach of the Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai, Wild Wadi Water Park, Palm Jumeirah and the Burj Al Arab. The hotel offers a tempting choice of 3 unique dining experiences, from a casual, informal deli style offering, to an eclectic 5 Star Mediterranean experience in az.u.r, both complimented with the simply amazing 52nd floor Observatory.