This job is no longer available
Director of Finance
Kempinski Al Othman Hotel - Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Functions as the property’s strategic financial business leader. As a member of the Executive Committee, the position champions, develops and implements hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property associates. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment to the owners and Kempinski. In addition, creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with the hotel and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results
• Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
• Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control (e.g., accounting and budgeting).
• Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.