This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
International Relief and Development, Inc.
International Relief and Development / IRD is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization responsible for implementing relief, stabilization and development programs worldwide. Our mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide the tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. Specializing in meeting the needs of communities emerging from conflict or natural disaster, IRD collaborates with a wide range of partners and donors, local organizations, and many others to deliver sustainable services. IRD has offices and activities in nearly 40 countries in Europe and Asia, the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific. We work in seven key service areas: community stabilization, infrastructure, health, agriculture, democracy and governance, relief, and logistics.
IRD is currently recruiting a Project Assistant for its new project (Health Support to Syrians Refugee Project) HSSR, for Syrian Refugees in Jordan. (Please note this is not an expatriate position):
To provide administrative support necessary for the smooth operation of the HSSR project in Amman and Irbid. IRD is inviting qualified candidates to apply for the following position:-
Project Assistant / 2 Posts
1. Manage project related filing system; which allows for easy identification of project related documents, and to ensure that documents/papers/letters are filed in right place.
2. Help with preparation of any training, meetings and events related to the project, including communication with the project partners and between other IRD projects.
3. Assist with translation of the project documents that will arise during the project life time that includes:
•Simple translation (from English to Arabic and back) for the routine project related documents.
•Ensure timely and appropriate translation of the project related materials from the outside translator.
•Help with interpretation on the meetings/ public forums if required and prepare meeting minutes.
4. Monitor project implemented activities in the field and to maintain information flow between volunteers &supervisor and project manager.
5. Help in preparation of the project bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly reports with specific focus on the statistical information coming from the volunteers and the partners.
6. Ensure adequate office supplies for the project needs and to maintain an inventory of project supplies that shows incoming, outgoing and balance of items, to put reference number, make copies and distribute as requested.
7. Prepare faxes and DHL pouch (if necessary) and any other administrative duties as required by supervisor.
8. Other duties as assigned by the project manager and staff.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Management or relevant human services discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5 years of experience in working in the human service or social services and/or with a non profit agency, preferably community organization.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs preferred.
- - Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency & Arabic.
- Good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
CVs and Letters of Interest, together with a salary history that covers the last three years, should be sent in ENGLISH to IRD’s team by close of business in the end of February , 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and additionally undertake tests to measure their financial or linguistic ability as appropriate to the position.