This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
As part of the Business Development Department, the Bid Officer will work in the preparation of bids response and proposal development process. Preparation of proposals and bids related activities will cover all products and solutions offerings within the company, and will include involvement with teams inside and outside of Jordan. Responsibilities include the following:
• Work on bid submissions through its complete cycle.
• Identify resources required for a bid, plan bid activities, identify deliverables and manage resources in an efficient manner to produce winning bids within deadlines.
• Liaise with different layers internally and externally to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Manage multiple vendor / supplier solutions within bids.
• Develop a full understanding of the company's products and solutions portfolio.
• Provide support and assistance to other bid team members as required.
• Conduct pre-sales activities with the sales team including briefings, qualification meetings, and presentations.
• Act as the customer contact point as needed during the bid process which includes raising inquiries and responding to queries, and presenting the proposals as required.
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Attentive to details.
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to coordinate a team with different backgrounds.
• Ability to work well under pressure, and deliver high quality proposals within aggressive timelines.
• Thorough understanding of overall bidding procedures.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including MS Project.
• 1-2 years experience in the bids area. Experience within IT companies (Solution Providers) is preferable.
• University degree in Business or IT related Fields. A combination of both is a plus.
• Excellent command in English and Arabic. Other languages are a plus.