This job is no longer available
Public Relations Executive
Wataniya Telecommunications - Kuwait
Wataniya Telecom was commercially launched in 1999 as the first privately owned operator in Kuwait. Qtel originally made the offer to all other shareholders of Wataniya Telecom Kuwait on 4 September 2012. As a result of the tender offer, Qtel will be increasing its shareholding in Wataniya Telecom Kuwait from 52.5% to 92.1%.
Wataniya is a customer driven company that aims to provide product and service excellence that is leading to a real customer value... The company has been a driving force in increasing the mobile market penetration in Kuwait (over 80%) Wataniya Telecom has grown rapidly through acquisitions and enjoys a remarkable expansion in MENA & ASIA. Driving operations in Kuwait, Maldives, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Algeria and in 2007 in Palestine.
ABOUT QATAR TELECOM
(Qtel) is the exclusive telecommunications provider in Qatar. Its principal activities include local and international fixed telephone, mobile, Internet, data and cable television services. Qtel is committed to growing its presence in the Middle East and internationally and with Wataniya Telecom and its operations in the MENA region, Qtel is now active in 16 countries, including Qatar, Oman, Iraq, Singapore and Indonesia. In November 2006, Qtel acquired a strategic 38% equity stake with AT&T in NavLink, a leading provider of Managed Data Services to businesses in the Middle East. Qtel is a winner of the 2006 GCC Economic Award, and is listed on the Doha Securities Market, in addition to the exchanges in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and also has a listed GDR in London.
Assist in the delivery of effective public relations and communications programs within assigned area of public relations specialisation, that establish and enhance the Wataniya Telecom's desired corporate image and that lead to sustainable and effective communication with its shareholders, customers, staff, counterparts and media.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
* Assist to organise and host press conferences ensuring arrangements are finalised on time, copies of releases are available in sufficient quantities and all supporting infrastructure requirements are in place.
* Collate and analyse media coverage by reviewing daily print media to identify articles of general interest, to the Wataniya Telecom.
* Refer copies of relevant media articles to Directors to keep them informed Wataniya Telecom media exposure and highlight matters of general industry interest.
* Assist the Manager in his role of developing avenues of access to the media and key figures in the public and private sector in order to promote an understanding and appreciation of Wataniya Telecom objectives, capabilities and accomplishments.
* Answer enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, via telephone and email as directed.
* Assist to devise and coordinate photo opportunities.
* Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media under supervision.
* Support the Assistant Manager in searching for and selecting events and community initiatives that are suitable for sponsorship that will promote and enhance the Wataniya Telecom image as a caring and supportive community member.
* Co-ordinate with other departments for their participation in Wataniya Telecom promotional events, particularly with respect to the development and delivery of media plans and co-ordination of all associated activities on the day of an event to ensure that everything operates efficiently, cost-effectively and consistent with the desired Wataniya Telecom image.
* Provide administrative support for events as needed.
* Assist with the planning and coordination of Wataniya Telecom social activities for employees and their families, as needed.
* Organise the production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs under supervision.