This job is no longer available
FAMCO (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) is a market leading supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors. FAMCO serves these industries with world-class brands like Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Merlo, Ingersoll Rand, Linde, Dexion, Yanmar, Himoinsa, Stanley Proto, Fenner, Bruynzeel, Mobel Linea, Meco, Bott, Stertil, Hart & Nassau.
FAMCO has operations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain & Ras Al Khaimah and throughout the GCC. The company's development and success has been based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the dedication of its skilled staff.
FAMCO is committed to providing outstanding second-to-none service levels to customers and to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards at the highest possible levels. FAMCO is an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 certified company.
We are currently seeking experienced Workshop Technicians to perform maintenance, repair and refurbishment work on Vehicles and Material Handling Equipment subject to a specific contract award.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the Technicians will carry out all assigned duties efficiently and to a high standard of quality with compliance to the contract terms and conditions.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Technical inspections and recommendations
- Repair and refurbishment to a pre-approved scope of work
- Adherence to manufacturers' working practices and standard times
- Initiate requests for spare parts and materials
- Assist with preparation of quotations
- Adherence to contract terms and condition
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Significant experience in vehicle/equipment maintenance, repair and refurbishment
- Familiar with mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems for Heavy & Light commercial vehicles, Construction Machinery, Material Handling Equipment and lifting equipment.
- Bodywork, welding, fabrication and painting experience also an advantage
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under the pressure of strict deadlines
- Recognized vehicle, construction or industrial machinery qualifications or relevant experience, preferably within a franchised dealer environment.