This job is no longer available
Al-Futtaim Automotive occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to their brands worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Automotive is synonymous with brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and Volvo which enjoy undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. We also hold exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries as well as the franchises for Hertz Rent-a-car - the world's largest rental and leasing company and FAMCO heavy goods Machinery.
Select Auto is a part of Al Futtaim Automotive Group. This company will cater to the regional requirements of NATO Forces and their Prime Contractors for supply of heavy equipment vehicles and their maintenance services. Select will be the single point of contact for customers of this profile and will operate as an internal customer for the other automotive group companies
We are looking to recruit a Contract Administrator for our Select Auto Division, to be based in Dubai.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Contract Review: Establish initial lines of communications with Customers and Clients, ensure prices and delivery schedule are as quoted / per Master Contract / Agreement, identify and prioritise other "deliverables", e.g.: QA/QC and / or HSE Plan, and promptly highlight differences / risks, etc. to the Contract Manager.
- Contract Administration: Establish individual files and tracking procedures for deliveries, other "Deliverables", invoicing and payments, etc. Ensure Customers and Clients receive regular and accurate updates on deliveries and details of the cause of any delays. Coordinate with Customers and Clients to ensure satisfactory Contract performance.
- Claim Investigation / Special Projects: Ensure all claims are fully documented and reported on in a timely manner. Elevate action to Contract Manager / Senior Management as necessary.
- Cross Functional Support / Training: Assist other Departments, e.g.: Logistics / Finance as necessary.
- Organize implementation of effective Contract Administration processes and procedures on multiple Contracts.
- Maintain effective communications with Clients, Customers and Suppliers, etc.
- Maintain accurate and current files, documentation and other records.
- Assist the Contract Manager and Logistics Manager with management of shipments from point of order to delivery at final destination.
- Ensure prompt decisions on Claims.
- Ensure timely closeout action.
- Prepare and distribute scheduled and ad hoc reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliant records of Contract Management related activities for future reference or audit purposes.
- Report instances of Supplier unsatisfactory performance to Procurement Manager in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Experience with working on multiple commodities and variety of services, with proven ability in contract and purchasing negotiations
- Excellent oral and written English communication.
- Experienced PC User, familiar with ERP systems such as SAP, MS Office, MS Project, email and Internet
- Ideally (not mandatory) knowledge and experience with US Government contracting, ISO standards, FAR and DFAR regulations
- 3 - 5 years procurement, supply, inventory and logistics administration across multiple facilities / disciplines within the Middle East, ideally, in relation to US Government contracting and subcontracting or within the Automotive industry.
- Knowledge and application of industry standard procurement processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently, where necessary with little supervision and be capable of advising / making best business practice decisions.
- Ability to work within an international, diverse cultural environment and able to form excellent relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Able to work in dynamic, fast paced, pressurised environments, adapting to rapid change in an agile and positive manner, whilst continuing to provide economical and time focused solutions to critical business needs
- Able to work to tight deadlines, providing agile, economical and focused solutions.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to self-manage and use own initiative where necessary / appropriate.
- Based in Dubai, liaising with colleagues & suppliers who may be in Dubai or remote and arduous locations where there is a Medium to High Security Threat
- Occasional International Travel to destinations including Afghanistan, Africa etc.,
Health and Safety accountability statements