This job is no longer available
Apply mathematical and scientific principles to building design, concentrating on structural demands and functionality while taking into account economic and safety factors. Also, to be able to diagram designs manually as well as through computer-aided drafting CAD. He receives work assignments, briefing and guidance from senior section and engineering personnel, and plans and arranges the manpower and material assigned for the job and prepares these for the day’s activities. He receives the PTW from the senior section and engineering personnel and executes the job in a safe and effective manner. He ensures that the High and Low Voltage equipment released, is safe for normal operation and attends/requests toolbox meetings wherever essential to ensure safe execution of a job.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Discussing the objectives, requirements and budget of a project;
• Consulting with other professionals about the design of an environment;
• Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and design proposals
• Advising the client on the practicality of their project;
• Using IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software; 3D Studio Max, Sketch up, Auto Cad, Primavera, Maya or 4D Cinema or V-Ray and other designing & engineering software’s such as MS Projects.
• Keeping within financial budgets and deadlines;
• Producing detailed workings, drawings and specifications;
• Specifying the nature and quality of materials required;
• Preparing tender applications and presentations;
• Negotiating with contractors and other professionals;
• Preparing applications for planning and building control departments;
• Preparing tender documents for contracts;
• Project managing and helping to coordinate the work of contractors;
• Controlling a project from start to finish;
• Regular site visits to check on progress, ensuring that the project is running on time and to budget;
• Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction;
• Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is managed.