This job is no longer available
Main responsibilities are dedicated to serve Chemical Injection Systems portfolio of Test and Control Systems core business of the company.
Oil & Gas sector dealing with detailed engineering of chemical injection systems related mechanical engg / rotating equipment / piping design activities
Major Job Responsibilities
1. Basic Proposal engineering including technical aspects on chemical skids.
2. Detailed engineering after contract award.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Apply the company’s and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
1. Chemical Injection Systems technical proposal / application engineering
2. Engineering deliverables time management during application and detailed engg.
3. Review for ‘Bid/No Bid’ decision based on resources & scope definition
4. Authorized to delegate responsibilities among mechanical designers for the drafting work
5. Act as Single point engineering coordinator involving chemical injection skids, process control systems for Oil & Gas sector.
6. Perform detailed engineering and satisfactory completion within scheduled time frame.
7. Responsible for review of quality engineering outputs generated by other team members in engineering department.
8. Occasional site survey, technical clarifications meeting attendance for comments resolution
Key Performance Indicators
• Prompt response to proposal engineering requirements within client dictated Bid Closing Dates.
• Prompt submission of design outputs during detailed engineering stage within schedule
• Measureable improvement in quality design engineering drawing outputs
• Encourage usage of inventory items through optimized detailed engineering.
• ISO 9001 Design requirements are followed and maintained within Project and Engineering ( Chemical Injection Systems portfolio ) department
• Active participation in reducing in ‘ Cost of Poor Quality’ (CoPQ) entries against engineering department. To be measurable.
• Good leadership abilities
• Technically Savvy
• Excellent inter‐personnel skills
• Personal involvement in problem solving and result oriented positive approach
• Positive thinker
Person Profile Knowledge
• Familiar with design of Pressure vessels, and atmospheric tanks.
• Should possess sound knowledge on ASME B31.3, B36.10, B36.19, B16.5, B16.11, B16.9 specifications requirements
• Familiar with AISC codes and structural design.
• Proficient with Auto cad.
• Knowledge on atmospheric tank design constraints ASME Sec II, VIII, API 620/650, fire case scenario etc
• Knowledge of Staad Pro, PV Elite, Stress Analysis (CAESAR II) is an added advantage.
• Should possess sound knowledge on Piping Sizing calculation, Pressure Drop calculation; Flange ratings, Relief valve calculation, NPSHA/NPSHR, piping schedule interpretations.
• Aware of Base Frame Structural Design
• Aware of selection of rotating machines particularly pumps to API 674/675 standards, different types of pumps especially plunger/double diaphragm for dosing applications.
• Able to prepare / review datasheets of Mechanical equipments / components such as ball valves, check valves, tankages, calibration pot, pumps etc.
• Able to guide mech. designer on chemical skid piping GA, Layout arrangements etc.
• Knowledge of component selection to hazardous area classification requirement.
• Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering ( Bsc /BE ) OR Diploma in Mechanical engineering from reputed University with good academic track record
• Minimum 2‐3 Years ( in case of BSc/BE/B Tech ) or 3‐ 5 years ( In case of diploma holder ) in