This job is no longer available
To successfully drive profitable growth of the defined vertical market(s) via existing account relationships and create new business development opportunities.
Principle Job Accountabilities
• Successfully manage existing account relationships, proactively seeking opportunities to develop and grow the business.
• Proactively develop new account relationships, driving new business growth within the defined vertical market(s).
• Create and build strong, professional relationships with key influencers and decision makers within selected accounts – both current and new target companies.
• Gain solid knowledge and understanding of the defined vertical market(s) in the assigned country or region, keeping abreast of key players, trends, and competitor activity, in co-operation with Vertical Marketing.
• Actively contribute to build a distributed business knowledge for the defined vertical market(s) sharing information across different regional organisations in EMEA.
• Proactively identify the key influencing companies in the customer value chain within the defined vertical market(s) and seek opportunities to establish relationships with those identified.
• Proactively identify opportunities and devise initiatives to strengthen the relationships with key influencers and decision makers.
• Build strong working relationships based on shared objectives with the Vertical Marketing team in order to enhance customer knowledge within the defined vertical market(s), working closely to successfully define customer propositions that add quantifiable value for the customer.
• Work in co-ordination with Pre-sales Consultancy team to ensure the customer get transferred the appropriate level of technical expertise and receives an adequate support.
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting as required by the business. This will include reporting on funnel activity, revenue and status of relationships / initiatives.
• Make timely and commercially sound business decisions to support the development and growth of the vertical market(s).
• Build close working relationships within the EMEA division to ensure successful cross functional working and timely resolution of issues.
• Successfully operate as a member of the EMEA Sales and Marketing team, contributing positively to the overall region.
• Build relationships across EMEA with Vertical Marketing, Sales, Channel, Pre-sales Consultants and other support roles to share knowledge and best practices.
• Provide input to Vertical Marketing and the Business Units to help identify new customer requirements.
Role Critical Competencies
Functional / Technical Skills – Sales
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Person Profile Knowledge & Experience Required
• Proven track record of direct selling in a B2B environment, ideally within an international organisation.
• Proven track record of securing new business via existing customers
• Proven track record of establishing long term relationships with external customers
• Demonstrate an appreciation and awareness of channel sales.
• Experience of operating within the defined vertical market(s) advantageous
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively with the company's portfolio – technical expertise not required but an appreciation and ability to understand product applications is essential
• Experience of developing successful cross functions relationships internally, ideally on an international basis
• Demonstrate good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrate effective presentation skills
• Demonstrate a pro-active, flexible and pragmatic approach
• Demonstrate the company's Values
• Ability to travel in order to fulfil duties of the role essential
• English fluency to business standard essential
• Computer literacy essential
Preferred Gender N/A
Age Range N-A
Expected Start Date Immediate