This job is no longer available
Industry Building: Construction & Civil Engineering
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Job Role: Quantity Surveyor
Country-City: U.A.E - Abu Dhabi
Reporting to: Project Manager
Qualification Degree: Diploma in Engineering or Bachelors degree in Engineering Professional Qualification: None
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel: Flexible as needed
Job Description: Our client, a reputable company is currently seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor. You will be directly reporting to the Project Manager
• Undertakes full responsibility for quantity surveying activities on allocated contracts, from contract award to agreement of final account, with the objective to maintain financial control of contracts and to increase profitability and cash flow for the Company.
• Carries out all estimating activities involved during pre-tender, post-tender, variation orders and new proposals.
• Studies, evaluates and measures the contractual and financial aspects of a Contract job, whether it is a tender or an ongoing project
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Studies and measures all tender documents and prepares tenders for all systems, products, and services to client specifications/requirements.
2. Enquires, consults and coordinates with client & consultant representatives for specification/ technical and BOQ clarifications required for tenders and proposals.
3. Sends enquiries to suppliers/ subcontractors for quotations during the tender stage, makes price comparisons and provides recommendations to Division Manager/Senior Quantity Surveyor.
4. Prepares quantity take offs to finalize material/ supplier orders and procures material for projects.
5. Prepares and updates all work measurements at site.
6. Prepares and maintains interim and final payment quantities and computations and the final accounts of the projects.
7. Prepares monthly invoices to Consultant with attached inspection certificate and relevant supporting documents for review by the Project Manager and submission to Consultant, follows up progress payments with the Consultant.
8. Prepares all commercial reports including monthly project report in coordination with Sr. Quantity Surveyor.
9. Coordinates with Finance/ Administration department on all commercial aspects related projects (materials, invoices to consultants) through the Division Manager.
10. Liaises with all project staff on cost expenditure and management.
11. Liaises with Client and Consultant Quantity Surveyor as necessary.
12. Advises the Project Manager on contractual rights, project variations, BOQ items and its measurement mode for payment and assists in the preparation of financial claims and settlements.
13. Manages sub-contractor packages mainly on monitoring payments, variations and final account settlement.
1. Directly report to Sr. Quantity Surveyor
2. Weekly Project Report to the Division Head
3. Commercial reports to Head Office and Management
Relevant Experience :
Minimum 6 years total experience
Technical Knowledge/ Skills:
• Training in Quantity Surveying platforms
• Good Engineering technical knowledge
• Should be familiar with FIDIC & CESMM-3 as required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Very good command of English language
• Office-based with site visits as required by project.
Preferred Gender: N/A
Age Range: N-A
Expected Start Date: Immediate