This job is no longer available
Industry Building: Construction & Civil Engineering
Job Title: QHSE Manager
Job Role: Group QHSE Manager
Country-City: U.A.E - Dubai
Reporting to: General Manager
Qualification Degree: from recognised University
Professional Qualification: None
Employment Type: Full Time
Our client, a reputable company is currently seeking to recruit a QHSE MANAGER. You will be directly reporting to the General Manager
• To develop, maintain and ensure implementation of company’s health and safety policies and regulations across departments
• Ensures that health and safety standards, processes, policies and procedures are communicated and implemented appropriately across company’s projects staff.
• Contributes pro-actively to the overall management of the organization through the development and implementation of HSE standards, rules and regulations. Ultimately responsible for ensuring those internal activities and all external projects implemented by comply with the relevant standards and principles.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops appropriate health and safety policies, procedures and processes based on accepted best practice international standards.
2. Provides strategic direction and leadership to the HSE Department for the development of appropriate HSE standards in relation to the operations of the organization.
3. Establishes relevant performance targets for the Department in conjunction with the GM, ensuring that they are realistic and achievable within a timescale and support the objectives of the company. Develops long-term plans and appropriate strategies to ensure these objectives are achieved.
4. Identify the HSE training requirements applicable to the various levels of supervision.
5. Provides day-to-day direction and works with staff to ensure an orientated work environment that supports achieving the completion of the projects in a safe manner.
6. Provides necessary recommendations to Senior Management in relation to safety, health and environment.
7. Monitors of all projects in relation with health and safety and environmental compliance and recommends necessary corrective actions to the project managers and divisions head.
8. Leading and planning potential initiatives related to obtaining certifications such as relevant ISO standards.
9. Maintains liaison with outside institutions, such as fire Departments, mutual aid societies and rescue teams.
10. Reviews and analyses reports which are prepared and submitted on the findings from investigation of accidents, inspection of facilities or testing of environment and proposes corrective solutions to prevent recurrence in coordination with the divisions’ heads.
11. Ensures that regular surveys are completed to determine the levels of safety across different project locations & Company offices / Stores / Camps.
12. In consultation with the concerned department, ensures that plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment are reviewed to determine if all safety requirements have been included.
13. Reviews and approves the emergency response procedures suitable to the various activities during the project and the surrounding areas as per the international HSE standard and the UAE labor legislations pertaining to safety.
14. Reviews and approves the method statement, to be submitted within the tender document.
15. Coordinates with the suppliers and vendors regarding supplying the health and safety equipments.
• Recommendations and corrective actions reports.
• HSE policies and procedures.
• Approved method statement.
• Monthly HSE Report to Senior Management.
INTERNAL CROSS WORKING RELATIONS (DEPARTMENTAL):
• Division Heads.
• Project Managers.
EXTERNAL WORKING RELATIONS:
• Client safety team.
• Consultant safety team.
• Sub contractor safety team.
• Safety equipments vendors.
• Governmental authorities (fire departments, mutual aid societies).
• Bachelor degree in engineering and Diploma in safety.
Relevant Experience :
• Minimum of 10 years in HSE for constructions projects, 3 of which in a managerial position and HSE diploma.
Technical Knowledge / Skills/ Required Training:
• Should have knowledge in international HSE standard and the UAE labor legislations pertaining to safety.
• Knowledge of fire fighting and first aid.
• Knowledge of OSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001 systems and standards.
• Training in lead auditor.
• Good computer skills, with good work knowledge of MS Office.
• Very good command of English (reading and writing)
Office based and site visits as needed.
Preferred Gender: N/A
Age Range: N-A
Expected Start Date: Immediate