This job is no longer available
• Performs professional and technical work involving the efficient design of interiors to encourage maximum space utilization and ambience.
• This individual is responsible for planning, designing, and drafting detailed specifications for creating a pleasing and functional interior environment suitable for various facilities like hospitals, hotels etc.
• Work may also be performed in collaboration with an architect or other designers. Duties include consulting with individuals responsible for the space to be designed regarding decisions on space planning, color and fabric selections for wall, floor, and window coverings, paint colors, and furniture, shelving, and cabinet selections.
• Proposals for design work are prepared with regard to budgetary restrictions and customer or user expectations.
• Work is performed with considerable independence in close coordination with management
• Plan, design and supervise interiors of new construction of facilities, major renovations, remodeling and additions.
• Prepare specifications for routine refurbishment and upgrades of furniture, carpeting, wall coverings etc.
• Prepare construction documents, write specifications, review bid documents.
• Meet with department heads or representatives to determine interior architecture needs including determining space utilization and fabric and color selections of wall, floor, and window coverings.
• Maintains illustrative materials on available products and materials for selection by the user.
• Meets with vendors, suppliers and contractors in coordination with purchasing department.
• Review interior needs with sales representatives and vendors to determine who can provide the best service. Evaluate furnishings, materials and equipment for procurement.
• Prepares proposals for design work including sketches and costs estimates for labor, equipment, and materials.
• Prepares final designs and specifications within budgetary restrictions.
• Performs necessary drafting work for projects.
• Performs interior job works as required and assigned by the management.
• Bachelor's degree with major course work in interior design and 5 years of related experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience;
• Registration with the American Society of Interior Designers or equivalent is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Considerable knowledge of the practices and principles of interior design, especially with hospitals.
• Considerable knowledge of the preparation of specifications for interior design work.
• Knowledge of interior materials and vendors.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital personnel.
• Skill in designing interior alterations, renovations, and new layouts.
• Knowledge of CAD programs and related graphic/artwork applications.
• Good communication abilities and presentation skills.
• Creative thinking skills.