This job is no longer available
The sucessful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of designers on a broad range of development projects across the region.This is a leading role in the management, coordination and monitoring of project delivery teams to ensure that projects are completed within the set time, cost, quality and safety parameters
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
* Hold an internationallyrecognized engineering degree
* Have a minimum 10 years' relevant professional experience of which 3 years should have been in a leading role in the management, coordination and monitoring of project delivery teams to ensure that projects are completed within the set time, cost, quality and safety parameters.
* Detailed technical knowledge and understanding of international and regional design and approval standards/codes.
* Be experienced and proficient in the study, appraisal, master planning, design, checking and preparation of drawings and documents for water, wastewater and irrigation pipelines, lift stations, reservoirs and treatment plants using industry standard design software and best practice.
* Experience of industry standard software WinDes/Microdrainage, WaterCAD etc.
* Experience of sustainable urban drainage systems, attenuation/source control and pollution control.
* Experience of approvals and submittals to the relevant regional technical overseeing authorities e.g. Municipalities, ADWEA, Ashghal, Kahraama, ADDC etc
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Excellent communication skills
* Be proficient in the preparation of technical reports, tender documents (specifications) and bid
* A flexible approach and an ability to work to frequently changing deadlines