This job is no longer available
Customer Service staff is responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality during the customer facing process for Import shipments of On Board customers within UAE.
Customer service activities include:
• Responding to customer inquiries
• Assisting in all ECOM requirements of clients.
• Assistance to customers in resolving a specific service need (service failure).
• Producing transport documents and invoices.
• Act as the direct customer interface responding to customers’ questions and challenges.
• All Import shipments should be prepared to meet import requirements including liaising with origins, GSC and/or customers our end.
• Ensure timely and accurate commercial reconciliation between internal and external data resources.
1. Respond to customer inquiries efficiently and in compliance with deadlines and global Standard Operating Procedures related to Import shipments.
2. Participate in customer visits if/when required from Customer Service perspective.
3. International Documentation Policy need to be followed to ensure all requests from clients are legitimate and as per ML policies.
4. Checks should be made to ensure no increase in carrier’s liability
5. Switching/Release of OBLs may take place in consultation with the office/agent in the loading port, discharge port in strict accordance with switch procedure.
6. Only on surrender of full set of previously issued original B/L, if any, by the holder may be accepted for any amendment, switched or split or re-issuance requirement.
7. Raise manifest amendment to update shipper, consignee and notify party information or any other information in accordance with global SOPs.
8. Freight / pay at amendments – queries should be handled and any outstanding should be followed up.
9. Handle calls on timely and efficient manner to ensure no missed calls.
10. CODs – liaise with OPS desk, origin, transhipment port as per Global SOP. As an exception, it has been locally decided that if import shipment has a COD out UAE, it would be handled by cross trade desk
11. Hyper care OBL releases to KC clients / care customers
12. Processing cross trade booking as per specific requirement of customer w.r.t global SOP.
13. Responsible for Data Quality on all cross trade shipments.
14. Outstanding follow up with different functions as per the outstanding report from Fin.
15. Actively participate in CSA meetings, Webex, VMS.
16. Adherence to change in procedure/process in line with MGM implementation without disrupting service to customer.
17. Respond to customer inquiries efficiently and in compliance with deadlines and global Standard Operating Procedures related to Import shipments.
18. Monitor undelivered cargo (long standing follow up). It includes Imports long standing containers at transshipment terminals.
19. Handling of SCV for new customer codes. Obtain approval from sales and update customer details in SCV and GCSS.
20. Calls/Emails from customers/port/internal for container damage to be attended to and coordinated with OPSEQU, if required.
21. Haulage queries / issues – liaising with port and/or customers. Also acceptance letter to be issued to customers.
22. Issuance of direct delivery instruction to Port and provide a copy to clients.
23. Vessel NOC queries and issuance.
24. Handle walk-in-customers for invoice amendments, telex releases, other documentation issues etc… 25. Handle COD approvals in co-ordination with OPS / planner. 26. Follow up on Imports invalid pay at – Done by GSC or otherwise. Updates required to be done at our end, if necessary.
27. Follow up on Import longstanding containers in UAE (Gate in / Gate out) and ensure containers returned to Maersk Line stack.
28. Auction notices – handled in co-ordination with port/customers.
29. Handle re-export shipments in co-ordination with booking desk. In case of any doc requirements (e.g. status change as per request from either origin or customer), assist with same.
30. Demurrage/Detention calculations and waivers – Liaise with sales for waivers if any ML internal error or as requested by customer. System updates arising out of waivers also to be handled.
31. Provide the demurrage/detention details to customers.
32. Arrange for shipper’s approval for releasing the cargo against bank guarantee in the absence of surrender of original bill of lading as per customer requirements.
33. Outstanding follow up with different functions as per the weekly outstanding report from Fin.
34. Actively participate in CS meetings, Webex and/or on locations.
35. Adherence to change in procedure/process in line with MGM implementation without disrupting customer service.
36. Actively participate in improvement projects with full focus on using the Maersk improvement model to achieve the team objective/kpi.
1. Comply with all functional SOP’s.
2. Proactively support internal functional teams.
• Business Objects / WebI
• APM Mail
• Experience with service delivery and business process functions
• Wide understanding of Container Business
• Minimum 1-2 years or previously gained experience from a similar position
• Should be able to work and communicate independently.
• To respond to customer queries and action requests for amendment as per SOPs
• LMS courses as per requirements of above system and technical requirement