This job is no longer available
* Assess cogeneration response at various scenarios of cogeneration operation, such as islanding from a grid, load rejection (shedding) performance and loss of steam.
* Identify various modes of operation, including power factor control, frequency control, loadsharing control, economic dispatching, synchronization system, etc.
* Review basic and advanced power system studies, including load flow, short circuit, motor starting, voltage transients, stability, harmonics, reliability, protection, estate estimation, economic dispatch, automatic generation controls, etc.
* Lead precommissioning activities of cogeneration installations, supporting investigations and troubleshooting of cogeneration disturbance and failure, including performing Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and preparing power systems reliability and trend analysis statistics and reports.
* Calculate steam and power cost indices for cogenerations.
* Facilitate the development and updating of national and the company standards and specifications.
* Participate in technology deployment of innovative applications in the cogeneration industry.
* You will have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5 years of experience in designing and/or design review of power plants, and have a minimum of 3 years of field work experience in operating plants.
* You will also have a strong knowledge of all applicable industrial standards and specifications for generator units, motors, transformers and all power systems equipment.
* Relevant experience in the energy industry, preferably in fuels, power generation/utility industry is preferred.
* Knowledge of solar thermal integration is highly preferable.
* Familiarity with power system stability and transient software, such as ETAP, CYME, Matlab, EMTP, etc., is also required.