This job is no longer available
Responsible for the property maintenance of all buildings of the company, plant and equipment including furniture, fittings and fixtures. Manage capital projects & works within the Portfolio ensuring all aspects conform to Standards, local, state and federal Legislation.
Participates in the overall Portfolio Management as a key department head.
1. Property maintenance
2. Assigned capital projects
4. Fire protection and preventative maintenance
5. Environmental protection, energy and water saving
7. Human resources
8. P & l management abilities
• Provide a professional, advisory and executive support service to the Executive Team to assist in meeting the strategic goals of the establishment.
• Supervise and control the Maintenance Request System.
• Control, initiate and undertake assigned capital projects, from design and pricing to construction and commissioning.
• Control and administer all Engineering and Utility Supply contracts
• Oversee the general cost control aspects of maintenance.
• Carry out regular inspections of plant and equipment and ensure that inspections required by Government authorities are conducted and documented.
• Carry out general room inspections and preventative maintenance inspections.
• Source quotations and supervise Property Maintenance Contractors on site.
• Control and supervise the Fire Protection Preventative Maintenance Program.
• Check all Fire and Engineering safety features to ensure they operate at peak efficiency.
• Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment
. • Ensure proper measures are taken to protect the environment and the adherence to it.
• Institute systems to save energy, water and resources.
• Implements energy and water management systems to minimize wastage and costs.
• Implement cost effective Preventative Maintenance and Condition Monitoring Programs.
• Supervise the daily operation and maintenance of buildings, electrical and mechanical services, water features, fixtures, furnishings and equipment.
• Liaise and supervise all Property Maintenance Contractors on site and ensure appropriate standards and SLA’s are met.
• Carry out all emergency repairs to all technical equipment, general fitting, welding and machining.
• Maintain and audit all workshops tools and equipment for the running of workshops’ trades and functions.
• Ensure that workshops have adequate stock and materials in Stores and that all workshops are kept in a clean and safe environment.
• Oversee so that expenses are in line with departmental budgeting, capital plan and projects.
• Participate in the preparation of the Strategic Business and Operating Plans.
• Prepare monthly outlook/forecasts and reports.
• Attend meetings as required.
• Implement opportunities for quality Team Building.
• Ensure that all associates comply with the grooming and uniform standards.
• Conduct development and performance reviews, identifying key personnel for further development and structured career path.
• Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that associates have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively.
• Prepare work schedules and annual leave schedules within budget, business expectations and guidelines of the appropriate industrial legislation.
• Oversee the selection and appointment of new associates within the department.
• Conduct regular staff meetings to keep all associates are fully informed
• Participate in the Hotel “Manager on Duty” program
• Ensure compliance with legislated workplace health and safety requirements
• Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and associates alike.
• The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job
• Periodically check on the buildings and determine the damage and follow-up repair by offering the best price and the best quality and price fixing
• Review, and prepare periodic study on the status of each building on a regular basis to anticipate the occurrence of damage and treatment
• Searching for damages if any and evacuating the apartment when necessary
• Painting ,electrical, plumbing, carpentry and aluminum work all with respect to the existing building
• Manage Tenants Complaints related to building upkeep.
• Coordinating between maintenance companies and tenants and the maintenance department
• Follow up on any new construction as well as maintenance work
Critical Success Factors:
• Planning and organization of resources for varying business levels in both the short- and long-term to achieve strategic goals.
• Strong Communication Skills – must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace, ensuring good information flow
• Ability to be a Change Agent and drive the pursuit of continuous improvement.
• Leadership, Delegation, Motivation and Team Building skills
• Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills
• Sound information systems knowledge
• Legislation knowledge (building codes, fire safety and country standards)
• To be on call 24 hours for emergencies