This job is no longer available
FAMCO (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) is a market leading supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors. FAMCO serves these industries with world-class brands like Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Merlo, Ingersoll Rand, Linde, Dexion, Yanmar, Himoinsa, Stanley Proto, Fenner, Bruynzeel, Mobel Linea, Meco, Bott, Stertil, Hart & Nassau.
FAMCO has operations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ras Al Khaimah and in December 2011, FAMCO acquired the Volvo Construction Equipment distributor for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Al Rehab) and now operates with 5 branches across the Kingdom." The company's development and success has been based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the dedication of its skilled staff.
FAMCO is committed to providing outstanding second-to-none service levels to customers and to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards at the highest possible levels. FAMCO is an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 certified company.
We are currently looking to hire a Technical Trainer - Industrial Machinery to join our Famco operations in Dubai. You will be tasked with the preparation and delivery of training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, train the trainer, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
The primary responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist in training needs analysis of relevant division/brand and advise according to market trends and distributor guidelines.
- Develop training content and material and implement for all staff.
- Assist with the orientation, training and coaching of staff, management and other stakeholders to increase efficiency within the workplace
- Participate and execute adherence to Company and Principal policy and procedure compliance.
- Ensure the successful implementation of technical training, ‘right first time' activities, parts and distributor fundamentals training activities.
- Monitor, review and implement occupational health and safety, operational standards, warranty processes, technical support training activities.
- Ensure all technical processes are implemented and adhered to from a Divisional point of view.
- Conduct ongoing site visits to identify individual training requirements and complete post course evaluations.
- Support all sites with training in relation to technical support in terms of campaigns, service schedules and equipment audits.
- Ensure compliance with Principals' policies, related to training.
Products include Material Handling Equipment (Telescopic Handlers/Forklifts), Air Compressors (Electric & Diesel powered), Generators, portable lighting towers, Marine & Industrial Diesel Engines
The selected candidates will have the following qualifications,skillls and attributes;
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- High level of proficiency in both written and Spoken English
A High Level Qualification in:
- Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
- 3-5 Years in a Technical Training or Coaching role
- 5 Years Industry Experience in Construction Equipment and/or industrial machinery
- Proficient to Master Technician Level or equivalent
- Customer Facing Role Experience
- Experience working on Mechanical, Diesel Engines, Hydraulic & Electrical/Control systems
- Ability to train and coach, build relationships and utilise skills appropriately
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability adjust priorities and structure time wisely in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain strong administration skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner and listen attentively to others to understand material, and provide instructions to all employees.
- PC Literate, proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Ability to develop tailored training materials to suit the local market