This job is no longer available
o Assist in providing a safe and healthy environment for
o employees, customers, visitors and the society.
o Serve as Emergency Response Coordinator as required
o Assist the EHS Specialist with company safety meetings and
o facility inspections.
o Assist administratively in coordinating, implementing, and
* maintaining the company’s Safety and Environmental Management
o Conduct formal facility and workshop inspections on a quarterly
* basis and provide the EHS Specialist with reports that include
* the impact of the company's operations on the environment and
* advise on measures to reduce that impact; and ensure company's
* operations are in line with corporate environmental direction.
o Assist the EHS Specialist in investigating and analysing
* injuries and accidents and provide recommendations for future
* prevention for continued safety improvement.
o Assist the EHS Specialist in creating EHS policies and
* procedures and ensure that they are followed throughout the
* company including (but not limited to) those relating to
* Incident Investigation, Lockout/ tagout, Personal Protective
* Equipment, Confined Spaces, First Aid/CPR, Safety Awareness,
* Hazardous Materials, Inspection Program, Forklift/Scissorlift
* safety and other machine driving regulations, and Evacuation
o Maintain the EHS database ensuring that that safety and
* environmental records are accurate, current, and complied with
* as per government requirements; that all permits are valid and
* that all facilities, and safety equipment (fire extinguishers
* and smoke detectors, etc…) are up to code through the Property
* Maintenance Department.
* Assist the PMD's facility emergency procedures.
o College diploma, university degree or equivalent qualification in Industrial Safety or Environmental Health or Business Administration.
o Certification in Environmental and Safety Standards (ISO 14001, (Must) OHSAS 18001, etc).
o At least 2-3 years of hands-on experience as an environmental or safety officer in an industrial environment.
o Good IT skills, particularly in maintaining electronic databases and use of Microsoft Office applications.
o Ability to elicit the cooperation of others
o Exceptional communication skills
o Ability to conduct training sessions.
o Ability to successfully handle more than one task at a time
o Travel throughout the Kingdom to evaluate and inspect the work sites is a must.
o Ablility to maintain the electronic database and records of investigations, Incident and near miss reports.