This job is no longer available
The main purpose of this role is to ensure compliance to SOD requirements and obtaining approval sought for any exceptions within the small team in respect of system users and accesses on ISPS / ISPA. The post holder will ensure adequate controls over payables, treasury and banking activities on a daily and routine basis. He will ensure adequate supporting for opening new supplier accounts and obtaining necessary AML checks and also ensure timely charge out of intercompany recoveries for the various activities funded through the company’s Middle East Branch (IT&S, Iraq, HSSE, Security and other Functions)
The post holder will support the Management Accountant in areas of Financial Reporting, Internal Control Issues, Systems Issues, Commercial and Business Development Issues.
The post holder will also administer user access management for all the various requests of users of the system across different modules – Purchase Orders, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger
Half year and full year Financial statements and schedules
Statutory and Tax filings
DoFA maintenance (For Aviation) on intranet & PO system
Due Diligence & LLR – Air
Forex rates updation in system
GAIT entity review - AE0BD, GBDAD,
GL code creation
Iraq Payments Accounting
ISPA access requests lodging
Company’s payments review
Sanctioned Countries Reporting
SOD mitigation control checks
SOD mitigation forms for violations
SOD violations check
Cash forecast every Sunday
Remittance of excess funds
Payment of AMEX corporate card bills
Pension payment for UAE nationals
Check and file HSBC and NBF Bank Statement
Debit Notes (Recoveries on Payments made on SLAS parked in 9014-WC- Balance Sheet Recoverable Codes what codes below)
Over 5 years experience with strong analytical, financial, control and accounting skills.
Excellent team player, and provides support and backup to team members
Understanding of internal control framework and SOX
Broad base business understanding
Possessing aptitude for IT Systems, and good computer skills.
Good communication and inter personal skills
Ability to continuously improve
Ability to work under pressure and manage time, resources and priorities
Expertise / Skills / Competencies
• In depth knowledge and understanding of company's group reporting standards and processes
• High degree of technical, functional and analytical skills
• Good level of understanding of Oracle Financials
• Performance Bias – Takes account of impact of delivery on the business and balances –short term/long term.
• Partnership and Teamwork – Builds network to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge.
• Innovation –Looks for ways to do things better and more effectively.
• Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Efficiency in multi tasking and multiple priority management.