This job is no longer available
The Client Management Due Diligence Officer will report hierarchically and functionally to the regional head of client management
The centralized due diligence team provides CIB Financing métiers / Relationship Manager’s with KYC advice and administrative support.
- Due diligence of KYC for new clients and checking docs.
- KYC for re-certification and checking docs.
- Managing KYC review on the system, maintaining / updating KYC review log and following up with RMs for expiring KYC.
- Reviewing low and medium risk customer accounts and their periodic KYC reviews (when required) by liaising with the business lines and compliance as needed. Conducting Enhanced Due Diligence on customers (when required) and referring to compliance for client acceptance committee, particularly with regard to PEPs and other High Risk customers.
- Ensuring legal documentation is received, scanned and original docs are archived locally.
- Assisting with the requirement of receiving all business lines / compliance signoffs with regards to KYC for new client on-boarding or review.
- Conducting regular PEP filtering, vigilance monitoring and maintaining PEPs log.
- Assisting the team with other client management related topics.
The role requires the individual to comply with the procedures, work independently and work thorough to completion; a key focus in building specialities.
DAILY INDIVIDUAL EXPECTATION
This an operational role, which requires focus on routine activities. The day is for the most part spent on completion of requests where time is a key factor; working as a team to ensure completion of pending requests by assisting each other where expertise and knowledge is available. Ad hoc monitoring tasks are ideally performed when pending requests are completed. The role also requires proactively establishing and maintaining effective working team relationships with other support departments, as well as good communication to clients when needed.
A member of the due diligence team is someone who is systematic and is anxious to build competencies on areas of knowledge, experience and education. The role requires someone who is careful, and able to look at details and complete tasks thoroughly.
MAIN KNOWLEDGE NEEDED
- Strong knowledge of the KYC process
- Strong knowledge of legal entities (Trust, LLC’s , Partnership etc)
- Ability to use varied and complex banking and non-banking systems (e.g. blacklist applications)
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office / other PC based application
MAIN PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills
- Ambitious, proactive and work on initiatives - Ability to work as a team playing handling work load
- Ability to work effectively with other departments
- Ability to be well organised and focus on details
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets maintaining absolute control of risks
- Client friendly and be able to work under tight deadlines and provide quick turn around