This job is no longer available
• Responsible for all financial, accounting, banking and fiscal management aspects under the direction of Director of Finance.
• Close supervision of all day to day and periodic Finance related process and reconciliations such as A/R, A/P, inventory, cash & bank and Payroll.
• Ensure accurate and smooth month end closing and reporting within the agreed timetable.
• Supervise the preparation of the weekly cash flow and monthly cost allocation sheets.
• Assist the CFO in preparing the annual budget.
• Implement the approved annual budget (and any variations) and post to the system.
• Monitor, analyze and report monthly operating results against budget.
• Monthly performance review of all contracts against budget.
Analyze actual and report variance to senior management.
• Participate in planning the objectives, methods and resources of financial operations
Control and Compliance
• Examine financial records and transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards, procedures and internal control.
• Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, accounting standards and local laws and regulations related to Finance
• Act as first point of contact for internal and external audits
• Implement process improvement initiatives to enhance existing processes and accommodate business change
• Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments
*Minimum 8 years of professional experience with at least 3 years in a similar capacity, preferably in a business with similar processes.
* Pharmaceutical background preferred
* Relevant graduate degree;
*Accounting qualification is preferred.
* Strong command of Excel
* Strong English communication
* Strong leadership and people skills
* Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
*Arabic language is an advantage.