This job is no longer available
A Western Oil and Gas training company that delivers health and safety training to the oil and gas sector throughout the MENA region, part of a major British group is seeking a General Manager.
Profit and loss management of a business unit through
* Business development
* Client interface
* Management of a training team and back office.
* Manage the multinational, multicultural team that is OTI in order to attract and retain staff by developing a positive proactive culture.
* Identify training and development needs of staff throughout the organization and provide opportunities for internal promotion.
* Provide a positive role model for responsible safety leadership and all elements of OTI culture.
* Demonstrate duty of care and responsibility for own safety and of staff, neighbors, trainees and other working in or visiting OTI.
* Be responsible foe maintaining the ongoing process of performance review.
* Maintain and aim to exceed Omanisation percentages quoted by the Ministry of Manpower.
* Provide development opportunities for all OTI staff.
* Maintain the OPAL Compliance Verification Certificate.
* Develop and implement Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
* Comply with the HR models and procedures of the OHI Group and Interserve.
* Develop short, medium and long term strategies and business plans.
* Take overall responsibility for the profitability of the company including P&L.
* Managing the company to achieve its budgets and KPI’s identified within the Business Plan.
* Monitor and maintain the budgets set, keeping an accurate record of expenditure including costs, loss and profit.
* Continually work to maximize income and reduce costs.
* Prepare detailed periodic reports of business activities and as when required based on business needs of the operation.
* Develop trust in relationships with external customers/clients by ensuring a high level of training quality.
* Inspire ethical professionalism within OTI.
* Understand the business and market segments within Oman.
* Promote “customer delight” amongst all clients.
* Implement and develop all activities of OTI including marketing activities congruent with OTI business needs and within the operational capabilities of OTI.
* Identify future needs of clients and their expectations in line with the business objectives of the company as per Business Plan.
* Prepare analyses of market trends and provide feedback on current status, future trends and opportunities to expand the operational capabilities of OTI.
* Identify, negotiate, secure and maintain contracts with current and future clients.
* Maintain ISO 9001 2008 certification and principles to ensure continual improvement in quality procedures.
* Accountable for Business development functions of OTI.
* Accountable for Business development system lapse or failure within OTI.
candidate requirements* Western expat preferred
* HSE qualification
* Diploma in Management Studies
* Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
* Previous Middle East experience
* Proven track record in a training capacity
* Effective communicator/business leader
* Strong business development and work winning skills
*Married status posting
*Excellent salary and benefits package (housing, medical, flights)