This job is no longer available
Al-Futtaim Automotive occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to their brands worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Automotive is synonymous with brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and Volvo which enjoy undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. We also hold exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries as well as the franchises for Hertz Rent-a-car - the worlds largest rental and leasing company and FAMCO heavy goods Machinery.
Select Auto is a part of Al Futtaim Automotive Group. This company will cater to the regional requirements of Nato Forces and their Prime Contractors for supply of heavy equipment ,vehicles and their maintenance services. Select will be the single point of contact for customers of this profile and will operate as an internal customer for the other automotive group companies
This position will assist in the provision of a comprehensive, strategic HR service to the Select Auto business across all Geographical locations in which the Company operates, with a strong emphasis on communication and collaboration with internal and external client groups.
The main responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Assist in the creation and updating of job descriptions and provide advice on the development of job descriptions to ensure the documentation properly reflects the requirements of the position.
- Assist in the development and execution of innovative and appropriate recruitment solutions to attract quality staff in line with business requirements including the establishment and selection of appropriate advertising media (cost effective and fit for purpose), sourcing and short listing of appropriate candidates, psychometric tests, interviews and other Group activities as guided by the HRBP.
- Provide advice and guidance to departmental and line managers on recruitment process, best practice activities, Nationalization opportunities, conduct job evaluations, ensure grades and salary packages are approved for all positions, give appropriate guidance on market salaries, Select Auto internal benchmarking and employment legislation including visas and changes in restrictions to employing different nationalities.
- Liaise with all relevant POCs (Recruitment, Onboarding, Group Admin) to ensure smooth recruitment process, manage service expectations via direct meetings and communications of the updated Recruitment and Mobilization Spreadsheet with relevant key stakeholders. Where necessary communicate with other departments, employees, applicants, administrators, and staff to provide information and assistance regarding recruitment, transfers, and employment.
- Undertake quality checks of selection and recruitment processes and reports; liaising with external recruitment partners and management to ensure effective meeting of guidelines and standards.
- Research and provide recommendations to the HRBP on recruitment sources, trouble areas and any opportunities the business can take advantage of.
- Manage Select Auto inductions for all new joiners as part of the onboarding process including communication of Department / Site specific information.
- Provide support and advice to managers and employees on queries including (but not limited to) disciplinary, performance, medical, contractual and general employment / Company HR policy queries and welfare (compassionate and emergency leave) requests, directing to Group HR where appropriate.
- Assist Managers with actions relating to performance management of employees, including advising on actions to monitor performance, attendance at investigation or disciplinary meetings (as directed by the HRBP).
- Support the HRBP with conducting regular forums / one on one discussions and dialogue with key POCs to understand operational requirements, responding accordingly.
- Liaise with HR Connect to ensure completion of HR related activity / documentation in accordance with legislative and company policy, including (but not limited to) probation reviews, promotion and transfers, visa process and bespoke process for returning staff from locations experiencing restricted immigration regulations.
- Assist in all medical emergencies / evacuations as required, ensuring communication and documentation is maintained including liaison with Group and external Third Party providers (i.e., AlfaEvac, medical providers, insurance company, etc.) facilitating a timely response in all emergency evacuation activity.
- Provide guidance and assistance to managers / employees with DBA Claims and work with HRBP & Project Managers to ensure DBA compliance.
- Liaise with employees on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits based on the recommendation of the HRBP.
- Meet with key POCs (including line managers and GMs) to provide regular updates on all elements of employee relations.
- Travel to Operations based sites on a regular basis to meet with managers and staff, giving appropriate support and guidance as necessary.
- Liaise with HR Connect and other relevant teams to ensure effective communication and completion of all exit and repatriation processes.
- Liaise with HR Connect and other relevant teams to ensure SAP HR is updated & accurate, assisting the HRBP with provision of monthly HRMI dashboard.
- Creates ad hoc reports whenever necessary.
- Coordinate with HR Connect on visa and immigration related matters, including coordinating return process for staff with restrictions on immigration and visas.
- Keep abreast and updated with employment legislation and managing recruitment partners for recruitment activities as appropriate.
- Assist in the creation and updating Process Flows & Process improvements both for the HR team and Operations in partnership with HRBP
- Provide cover for HRBP when required
- Perform other tasks as requested by the HRBP
To be considered for this role you will need to possess:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum secondary education, degree holder would be preferable
- Intermediate MS Office; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- SAP or other HRIS knowledge
- Five years related HR experience
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within a large, busy office setup
- Local UAE experience in an HR role
- Preferred experience within a contracting or similar organisation, which operates in multiple arduous and hostile locations
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees across all levels of the organization
- Personal presence, credibility to act as spokesperson, emphatic
- Knowledge of specialist HR functions including; Recruitment; Visa Processing; Employee Relations; HR Audit; Performance Management; Employee Separations
- Ability to review varied diverse reference sources, select and synthesize data for reports and other forms of correspondence.
- Ability to create presentations, charts, graphs, databases, and spread sheets.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Proven ability to work in a physically and mentally challenging environment, highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven facilitation and problem solving skills with the ability to "think out of the box"
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral), coupled with the ability to read, interpret documents and respond effectively (including policies, guidelines, etc.)
Behavioural Competencies :
- Ability to plan, organize and balance multiple time sensitive demands
- Target oriented and driven to exceed demanding challenges
- Ability to build relationships and communicate and apply new knowledge and new concepts
- Able to travel internationally at short notice and to destinations including Afghanistan, Africa etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines
- Competent to analyse market information
- Confidence in own decision making
- High attention to detail
- Discretion with confidential information
- Effective interpersonal skills, with proven ability to drive through complex solutions