This job is no longer available
Al-Futtaim Automotive occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to their brands worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Automotive is synonymous with brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and Volvo which enjoy undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. We also hold exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries as well as the franchises for Hertz Rent-a-car - the worlds largest rental and leasing company and FAMCO heavy goods Machinery.
Select Auto is a part of Al Futtaim Automotive Group. This company will cater to the regional requirements of Nato Forces and their Prime Contractors for supply of heavy equipment ,vehicles and their maintenance services. Select will be the single point of contact for customers of this profile and will operate as an internal customer for the other automotive group companies
This position will provide secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Managing Director ensuring services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
The main requirements for the role are as follows:
Provide office support services ensuring efficiency and effectiveness within the Managing Directors Office.
Perform a variety of administrative or executive support tasks that are highly confidential and sensitive.
Coordinates office management activities for the Managing Director as required.
Research, compile, assimilate and prepare confidential and sensitive documents, briefing the Managing Director as required.
Read and screen incoming correspondence and reports as appropriate; make a preliminary assessment of the importance of materials and organizes documents; handles some matters personally and forwards appropriate materials to the Managing Director, Sr. Management and team as appropriate.
Receive and screen incoming calls and visitors, determining priority matters, alerting the Managing Director accordingly. Make referrals to appropriate staff or provides requested information.
Act as liaison between the Managing Director, subordinates or others, by transmitting directives, instructions and assignments and following up on the status of assignments.
Produce a variety of documents, charts, and graphs as required.
Update Managing Director on status of issues before scheduled meetings.
Prepare agenda and collect materials for meetings, speeches, and conferences; take minutes and keep records of proceedings.
Coordinate and facilitate the Managing Director's calendar to arrange appointments, meetings, and conferences.
In co-ordination with other EA's, recommend actions to be taken on office expenditures such as equipment and supply needs.
Establish and maintain various filing and records management systems.
Make travel arrangements; prepare itineraries; prepare, compile and maintain travel vouchers and records for the Managing Director as required.
Perform any related work as assigned by the Managing Director.
To be considered for this role you will need to possess:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Minimum secondary education, degree holder would be preferable
Intermediate MS Office; Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Five years of administrative support experience, including two years equivalent to advanced level administrative support work.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity within a large, busy office setup
- Preferred experience within a contracting or similar organisation, which operates in multiple arduous and hostile locations
- Knowledge of the application of instructions and guidelines to specific problems.
- Knowledge of the organization and composition of letters, minutes, reports, charts and spread sheets.
- Ability to review several diverse reference sources, select and synthesize data for reports and other forms of correspondence.
- Ability to create presentations, charts, graphs, databases, and spread sheets.
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
- Excellent English communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to plan, organize and balance multiple time sensitive demands
- Target oriented and driven to exceed demanding challenges
- Ability to build relationships and communicate and apply new knowledge and new concepts
- Able to travel internationally at short notice and to potentially-hazardous areas
- Ability to work under pressure and continuously meet deadlines
- Competent to analyse market information
- Confidence in own decision making
- High attention to detail
- Discretion with confidential information
- Effective interpersonal skills, with proven ability to drive through complex solutions