This job is no longer available
The Receptionist will report directly to the Administration Manager
To provide administration services of a Telephone Operator/Receptionist with politeness and courtesy including receipt and despatch of couriers from/to various destinations to the business units comprising of more than 40 cultures working together in a truly global team.
Operating the Switchboard
• Safe handling of the Office Switchboard in the Reception by answering the incoming calls within three rings with appropriate greetings and company’s identity in an efficient and professional manner and directing them appropriately with utmost courtesy.
• Ensure from the caller if he wishes the call to be transferred if the person is not available.
• Receive messages from callers with details in the absence of staff and pass the messages through slips/emails.
• Maintain register of international calls and classify personal calls and company calls.
• Maintain and Update the Telephone List as required due to staff changes.
• Liaise with Alpha Data for telephone complaints
• Handle the Office Reception for incoming visitors and guide them appropriately.
• Responsible for ensuring that the visitors are given the office security handouts and Office Visitors Badge and check that they have the Building Visitors Badge
• Ensure the visitors sign the Visitors Logbook while entering and exiting the office. All visitors must be escorted by the employee they are visiting.
-Receive incoming couriers and maintain register
-Forward to Mailroom and inform Office Assistant for distribution
• Despatches – Domestic/International Couriers
-Despatch documents from all departments with utmost care.
-Ensure Invoice Numbers mentioned on the envelopes are printed on the Airway Bill also.
-Ensure presence of Reference number on the Airway Bill as invoices from courier company are based on Reference numbers according to which the charge codes are allocated.
-Non documents sent should have complete details of items with value.
-Liaise with courier company for all enquiries from staff re consignment for prompt action.
-Ensure distribution of all couriers received by the Reception on the same day promptly without fail.
• Contact suppliers for cheques deliveries with follow-ups and ensure collection. If cheques not collected within a week, Accounts Department should be informed by email for way forward.
• Typing Arabic Letters as required.
• Arrange for Business cards for all support functions
• Arrange for office stationary for all businesses
• Enhance and follow the Company’s Quality Management system as well as rules and regulations.
• Supporting Administration team in various other tasks that may be assigned by the Department Manager.
• Maintain the Company’s image and policies.
All responsibilities are shared with the co-team member in the Reception.
Profile of Desired Candidate :
• Intermediate level of education
• Min two years as Receptionist & Telephone Operator in a reputed organisation.
• Good spoken and written English and Arabic
• General computer skills
• Good initiative
• Good inter-personal skills