This job is no longer available
The Group Financial Controller will be reporting to the group CFO and have 3 direct reports - Financial Controllers (of each Business Unit).
• Accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
• Recommend and implement benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
• Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external parties.
• Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
• Administer the cash flow of the group to minimize the finance cost.
• Manage the preparation of the official annual complete set of Financial Statements.
• Manage the quarterly external audit reviews and the year-end financial audit on-time.
• Manage the preparation of financial outlooks, financial forecasts and cash periodical planning.
• Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
• Ensure compliance with the parent company’s budgetary reporting requirements.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Continual improvement of the cash conversion cycle (CCC) by controlling the receivables, payables and stores FP/RM turnovers.
• Month End Reporting which includes consolidating the results of all the Business Units, comparing it against the budget, analyzing the deviations and recommending action plans.
• Arabic speaking
• A degree in Financial Accounting and Management A CPA or an MBA would be a plus.
• 7-10 years’ experience in a large manufacturing business. Some of it should be at a group level with experience in managing several finance managers in different locations
• A deep understanding of the accounting principles (IFRS) ERP system and extensive spreadsheet knowledge
• Working closely with banks for financing deals
• Experience in ERP implementations is an advantage with MS Axapta software as a plus