This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
Under the guidance of more senior engineering personnel, the Associate Engineer will perform electrical product testing and evaluation, write the final report and communicate with our clients.
* Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
* Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, conduct on and off site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s). To do this, associate engineer must:
• Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test);
• Read and understand schematics and manufacturing instructions;
• Validate the project scope and sample applicability;
• Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing;
• Follow established test plan;
• Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed;
• Conduct thorough construction review; document results;
• Perform testing of products in accordance with standards. Core tests include, but are not limited to: rating, leakage current, dielectric, temperature, pressure, stability, mechanical hazard, flammability, abnormal and fault insurance, rain, radiation, sound, laser, voltage and current sources.
• Identify, set up, and operate standard test equipment such as, but not limited to, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, multi-meter, dielectric strength tester, ground continuity tester, digital multi-meter, surge generator, over-voltage tester, environmental condition chamber, articulated probes. Use hand tools to build/calibrate test fixtures.
• Work under the direction of senior engineering staff to diagnose failures during tests and explore other options for testing.
• Following sample handling procedures, ensure that sample is logged into and out of the system. Move equipment as needed through the facility. Properly package sample for shipment.
• Under direction of a more senior engineer, manage less complex projects utilizing the resources available.
• Compile test results during construction review and testing. Compile data and product description and type final report using established report shell. Submit report to reviewer for final approval.
• Communicate project status and test results to client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing. Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
• Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document and recommend engineering judgments.
• Performing other work as required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - English (Arabic an advantage).
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Prior project management experience is a plus.
• Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations and make technical decisions under supervision.
• Ability to travel 25%.
• Associates degree in engineering or the equivalent in terms of exerience and training.
• 2-4 years directly related experience.
• Bachelors in Engineering with 0-2 years directly related experience - a Plus.
• Knowledge of reading / writing and speaking ARABIC is a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of Household and Information Technology products’ standards (IEC 60335-1 and IEC 60950-1) is a plus.
Bachelors in Engineering
Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
Job Location: Dubai, UAE