This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
Provide services in Mechanical or Automotive engineering. Responsible for entire project cycle to include design, development, and project completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other Duties may be assigned.
•Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, and cost
•Prepare and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids
•Prepare technical specifications
•Perform Mechanical engineering duties surrounding the following; mechanical devices, components, engines, transmissions, materials handling, machine tools, robots, and automated manufacturing equipments
•Manage some project issues, budgets, and schedules
•Review and critique proposed changes to engineering standards, policies, or details.
•Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
•Meet with the customers and interest groups concerning contract details, product specification, engineering regulations, standards, or policies
•Coordinate the activities of the design teams
•Performs non-routine assignments, works with projects which requires research investigation, equipment design, development, and preparation of specifications
•Receives direction, and instructions on specific assignments, and possible solutions
•Assistance is furnished on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment
•Work the extra hours required for each project.
Listing of the specific duties or performances necessary to carry out the
above mentioned responsibilities.
•Check, design, revise all prints, redesign and analyze part structure, and apply technical support
•Design parts 2D and 3D, (possibly train the drafters, designers on this program)
•Provide technical direction to lower-level engineers and technicians on cad problems
•Execute and coordinate new assignments
•Coordinate the work of drafters, and designers or others who assist in specific assignments
•Provide technical presentations
•Provide on-the–job training to new staff
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual needs to independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, while using professional judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Performance at this level and grade requires advanced math skills, special relationship abilities, and the ability to understand "abstract" principles behind math and physics
• Working knowledge of CAD tools
• This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering and three to five years of engineering experience
(The training requirements include company, ISO and OSHA requirements up to and including local laws pertinent to job)
• General Safety (annually)
• Personal Protective Equipment-PPE (as needed)
• Hazardous Communication (annually)
• Quality System Awareness (annually)
• Forklift Training (optional)
• Work performed in a manufacturing environment
• Exposure to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable