This job is no longer available
Join one of the busiest media channels in the Middle East.
Immediate vacancy for part time/ short term employment:
9am - 1pm / Sunday - Thursday
Immediate opening required urgenty to cover 9th December - 28 February 2013
Must be on either husband/ father/ mother or wife's sponsorship
Job Title: Press Release Assistant
Press Desk Manager
Content upload team
• Sort/ read through press releases suitable for posting and distribute appropriately to team for posting on the site.
• Check the press releases posted on the site for errors.
• Provide/edit headlines/summaries, if required.
• Advise/ assist the team on copyediting headline/ summaries.
• Press releases posted are relevant to target audience/ sectors.
• Press releases are verified from a trusted source.
• Press releases are reviewed and checked for any advertorial material, factual and grammatical errors, and posted in a timely manner.
• Headlines and summaries are appropriate.
• Top/banner stories are identified for midday and at end of day
Qualifications & Experience
• Knowledge/ familiarity with business/ trade news
• Knowledge/ experience in basic copyediting/ online content editing of press releases
• Knowledge/ experience in identifying newsworthy materials and choosing the most relevant/ significant/ banner story of the day
• Should have at least two years of editorial experience in a newsroom environment/ trade publications
• Knowledge/ grasp of various businesses/ sectors
• Knowledge/ experience in online/ web content production
• Previous experience in writing press releases/ business news articles/ trade news
Skills & Competencies
• Editorial skills – copywriting/ copyediting/ determining suitable PRs
• Ability to have sound judgment - fact-checking/ verifying sources of content
• Leadership skills – ability to respond to team queries
• Organizing skills – ability to manage time and meet daily deadlines
• Multi-tasking skills – ability to manage various tasks
• Able to work autonomously
• Attention to detail
To learn more related to our criteria requirements and Editorial guidelines please visit the support documentation on the website in regards to writing a press release http://www.ameinfo.com/writing_press_releases/ This is required to complete an editorial task.