This job is no longer available
Job Title: Cost Control & Risk Management Manager
Division / Function: Operations
Location of the Job: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• Operate as a part of a team of Project Managers, Engineers and Accountants in the preparation of project budget & cost control reports, understand project estimates, and provide necessary cost and budget information to the Project Manager and Finance Manager in compliance with the company systems and standards. And also facilitates the execution of ERM processes and infrastructure to achieve the business objectives
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand all project cost estimates including material, personnel and equipment costs and coordinate with the proposals and the project managers and engineers to clarify on any discrepancies.
• Upload all relevant project cost and expenses data in the designated project management software with clear schedules of when the expenses are likely to be incurred.
• Create a process of information flow with respect to each expense head, such as Equipment procurement, Logistics costs, Mobilization and demobilization of personnel, Material procurement and any other relevant costs
• Monitor costs and generates variance reports as and when required and forward to the Project Manager for his perusal.
• Prepares Delivery Group-specific reports to identify variances from plan, in numeric and graphical formats
• Carry out assessment of potential variations/claims from sub-contractors as well as other vendors.
• Assist Project Managers / Engineers in preparing follow-up reports and additional cost analysis as deemed necessary.
• Submit reports on a periodic basis to the project management and the finance team on the status of the costs incurred and the variations of the budgeted v/s actual.
• Ensure that all reports are generated in compliance with the company standards.
• Participate in project review meetings and provide any cost related data as and when required by the management team
• Interface and provide clarification and guidance to the project managers / engineers and Accounts and provide assistance wherever required.
• Perform related duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor
• Prepares and presents cost engineering information to the management
• Prepares project controls plan and detailed internal manpower utilization plan for discipline or specialty activities.
• Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training programs
• Maintains continuing contacts with Commercial Manager and Project Manager(s), project team members, and working and supervisory level personnel of other departments.
• Assists management to establish and communicate the organization's ERM objectives and direction
• Assists management with integrating risk management with the strategy development process
• Assists management to develop and communicate risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits
• Assists in developing risk mitigation strategies for the organization's critical risks and for monitoring these risks
• Establishes, communicates and facilitates the use of appropriate ERM methodologies, tools and techniques
• Works with business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities
• Facilitates enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitors priority risks across the organization
• Implements appropriate risk reporting system
• Ensures effective alignment between the ERM process and internal audit and risk financing
• Conducts risk management education and training from time to time
• Assists management with capital and resource allocation decisions
• Provide an independent view regarding proposed business plans and transactions
• Develop project risk management capabilities within the organization
• Cost Control & Reporting
• ERM, Risk Assessment
• Others as per the Authority Matrix
INTERNAL CROSS WORKING RELATIONS (DEPARTMENTAL/POSITIONS):
All Departments and especially with
• Technical Department
• Supply Chain Department
• Finance Department
External Working Relations:
• Contractors & Sub-contractor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a reputed University/ College
• Basic knowledge in Account practices /function will be an added advantage
• 12 – 15 Years
Technical Knowledge / Skills:
• Strong analytical skills and oral and written communication skills
• Statistical knowledge in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, and hypothesis testing for metrics
• Taking the Initiative & Teamwork
• MS-Office, SAP/ERP
• Internet & Email
• Good command over written, reading and spoken English and Arabic languages