This job is no longer available
The Sr. Production Engineer provides production engineering support for the fields in the areas of production surveillance and optimization, water-flood surveillance and optimization, support the current well modeling in the IPM model for the complete field.
The Sr. Production Engineer will assist RMT production engineers & field operation engineers and will work closely with artificial lift engineers to support production and optimization activities. Other responsibility includes given functional support to implement best practices and ensure development of the Junior production engineers.
The Sr. Production Engineer responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Monitor and optimize oil production and water injection with focus on reducing base decline.
• Support production and injection wells modeling in Prosper.
• Support in selecting artificial lift system and stimulation candidate to optimize production.
• Support operations, facilities, and workover program activities.
• Perform Surveillance studies with focus on water-flood optimizations and production strategies.
• Ensure all well testing, production monitoring and data acquisition is carried out effectively and efficiently
• Review and input data used to generate Operational KPI’s and efficiency.
• Working with reservoir and facility engineers to optimize the field’s production.
• Highlight all surface constrains and bottlenecks, and work with Facilities to remove.
• Implement best practices in completion design to optimize initial well completion.
Requirements (Minimum education required, background, experience, skills)
• BSc degree in Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Production Engineering.
• Experience in Evaluations of waterflood and other secondary or tertiary recovery operations.
• Vast experience in operations and field exposure.
• Good practical understanding of general completion procedures and production operations.
• working knowledge of GAP modeling and different IPM modeling tools and their appropriate application.
• Good knowledge in different stimulation techniques.
• Good knowledge in different artificial lift methods.
• Strong written and verbal communications skill.
• history of strong organizational, forecast and scheduling skills.