This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
Subject Training and Staff Development
A. Job Title : Hydraulic Technician
B. Grade : NMT04, NMT05, NMT06, NMT07
C. Position in AFI : Technician
D. Main purpose of the job : Trouble shooting / piping / assembly of HPU
E. Main duties
· Capable to read and analyze hydraulic circuits and engineering drawings.
· Knowledge on function of hydraulic components like pumps, motors, valves etc..
· Capable to trouble shoot hydraulic systems in mobile equipments and industrial equipments.
· Knowledge on use of various hand tools, power tools for disassembly and assembly of hydraulic components and equipments.
· Knowledge on using flow meters, pressure gauges and other various instruments used in trouble shooting.
· On hand experience in using flushing units, contamination monitor units [ CCS4 ]
· Knowledge on looping of lines for flushing.
· Calculating the parameters like flow and pressure for flushing.
· Knowledge on building power packs as per drawings.
· Knowledge on preparing layouts prior to assemble of power packs.
· Knowledge on various kind of hydraulic fittings.
· Capable to calculate, cut and bend hydraulic pipes.
· Should be able to use measuring instruments to check the dimensions during assembly.
· Knowledge on electrical / electronics control will be added advantage.
· Estimate materials, components, required for trouble shooting and prepare report for quotation.
· Operate safety equipment, and use safe work habits.
· Position and secure work pieces, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand tools.
· Preheat work pieces prior to welding or bending, using torches or heating furnaces.
· Set up and use ladders and scaffolding as necessary to complete work.
· Use fire suppression methods in industrial emergencies.
F. Profile of expected competencies and qualification:
• 2 year certification course or 3 year diploma in Mechanical Engineering
• Training from reputed institution on hydraulics
G. Equipment/Tools required to do this job:
● Measuring instruments
● Flow meter, power packs and other related testing equipments
● Hand tools
● Power tools