This job is no longer available
A Plant / Fleet Manager is required in Saudi Arabia by an Arab EPC Contracting company.
Provide leadership expertise in providing efficient fleet services so as to contribute to achieving the Group's strategy, growth and profit objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Planning, organizing, and directing the work of the section to meet objectives with the most efficient use of personnel, facilities and equipment.
2. Managing the special construction equipment, trucks and all vehicles.
3. Managing the pool of drivers, scheduling performance management.
5. Submitting regular reports including, road calls, break downs, accidents, maintenance and performance.
6. Administering activities connected with the purchase of second hand market, rental company, workshops, accidents and insurance company.
7. Directing a preventive maintenance program to minimize cost and maximize use of equipment.
8. Directing a quantity and quality control program to maintain satisfactory levels of work place.
9. Recommending reductions or additions to personnel, facilities and equipment and changes in level of service.
10. Preparing a preliminary automotive maintenance section budget request.
11. Supervising complicated mechanical maintenance and repair work on automobiles, trucks and other motorized equipment used in the field of transportation, construction and maintenance purposes.
12. Supervising Vehicle Maintenance and repair.
13. Supervising Garage/workshop coordination.
14. Performing any other job related duties as assigned from time to time.
15. Ability to adapt and succeed in a challenging environment.
candidate requirementsPHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORT:
Reasonable level of fitness.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
10 years working experience in operations and managing a large fleet.
Related qualification in mechanical engineering.
Former experience in a managerial position.
Experience of managing construction machinery.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Excellent management and leadership skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong team management and motivational skills.
Innovative and creative.
Good project management skills.
Good level of English.
Arabic mother tongue.
Travel outside the office is required with respect to making market visits, workshops, construction sites, etc.