This job is no longer available
We are seeking a Business Development Analyst to join the company’s Entrepreneurship Center (Wa’ed) in New Business Development.
New Business Development is responsible for creating new business opportunities for the Company while also contributing to the Kingdom’s economic growth. Our past successes have focused on the development of Mega Projects in Refining and Petrochemicals. Today, we are now focusing on pursuing initiatives seeking more ambitious contributions to the Kingdom’s economic development which will also enhance the Company’s operations. New Business Development offers the successful applicant a unique workplace to further expand commercial and professional skills underpinned by a strong commitment to training and personal development.
The Business Development Analyst’s primary role is to support activities related to the sourcing, screening, analyzing, planning and developing a new business venture or a portfolio of ventures. You must be able to support project teams ranging from the initial identification of the new business opportunity through initial evaluations and interim approvals to partner selection, management approvals and deal closing, as appropriate. The applicant should possess significant relevant experience within one of more industries which will allow the applicant to be considered a subject matter expert for that industry. Strong interpersonal skills are required to enable the applicant to engage both other internal organizations supporting the work, external organizations that provide key support and incentives to realize the opportunity as well as the investor(s). The applicant should have demonstrated strong financial analytical skills that include the ability to evaluate both industry and individual company information. The applicant should also have demonstrated the ability to then translate the analysis results into strategies to develop new business opportunities and then plan and execute the work to realize the identified opportunity. You must be willing to travel and relocate when the job dictates so.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Screen and analyze Entrepreneurs business plans, conduct interviews with entrepreneurs and select business plans for due diligence.
• Perform various commercial due diligence activities of the Entrepreneur’s project including performing financial evaluations of investment opportunities, perform market research, evaluate market attractiveness and perform investment risk assessment.
• Develop funding plan, loan structure and loan agreement for Entrepreneurs.
• Support business development process from screening through to deal closure.
• Drive screening and validation activities to progress proposals through stage gates.
• Prioritize business proposals against investment criteria and New Business Development’s portfolio strategy.
• Assist the Entrepreneur to establish highlevel strategic, financial and operational milestones for his venture.
• Coordinate with internal subject matter experts groups such as Law, Finance, Corporate Planning, etc. to ensure deal progress.
• Prepare and present briefing materials and presentations to the Company’s Senior Management.
• Assist in conducting various work activities related to supporting SMEs and Entrepreneurs in the post funding activities.
• Ensure that the proper documentation is maintained on all business venture development work.
• As the successful candidate you will hold a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or its equivalent. A graduate degree is desirable as well as any advance professional competence evidenced by professional licenses and / or other forms of continuing professional education.
• A minimum of seven years of relevant experience in business development is needed.
• You will have achieved recognition as a subject matter expert in business development and have specific experience in such as areas as venturing, commercialization or other areas business development specialization.
• Proficient in oral and written English. Some command of Arabic is beneficial but not mandatory.