This job is no longer available
Job Description and Requirements
A leading organization in the cement field is seeking a General Manager for its cement terminal in Khor Al-Zubair/Iraq. The terminal is basically a cement storage facility that receives cement from ships/road tankers, stores and packs the cement in 50Kg bags or re-loads it into road tankers.
- Manage and report on all of the terminal’s activities to maximize efficiency, productivity, quality, safety and profitability.
- Ensure smooth running of the terminal (technically and commercially) and achieving all its goals.
- To direct and coordinate the Joint Venture’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Planning/coordinating regular shipments to ensure cement delivery to the terminal.
- Ensure accountability, quality of work, safety compliance and work performance.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment and supporting culture.
- Interact with customers/potential customers/customer representatives on a regular basis.
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring and employee relations plus motivate and train team members.
- Develop Associates through effective communication and leadership skills.
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Create value for our shareholders through efficient operations, cost controls, and effective management.
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned (communicated by the board from time to time).
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Engineering.
- 5 years experience in relative field preferably in cement equipment/handling.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Arabic and English).
- Strong interpersonal skills, management ability and industry knowledge.
- Profit focused, results-oriented and an effective motivator.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Windows based PCs, and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in a collaborative team environment, delegating and verifying.
- Demonstrate competencies in both management and leadership that include: communication, staff direction, quality control, and the achievement of goals and objectives.