This job is no longer available
Al-Futtaim occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to our leading brands' worldwide growth. We represent Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and Jeep automobiles as well as Hino Commercial vehicles.
We are establishing a brand new, state of the art Automotive Training Academy to develop our own automotive professionals. Al-Futtaim Automotive Training Academy is to develop the right team of automotive Emirati professionals who will support growth in all sectors of the automotive group.
Identify, lead and deliver a variety of talent related projects for the Automotive Division. Provide Talent Management, Data Management, Project and Training coordination support to the Human Resources Team within the Automotive Division.
To act as a trusted advisor to the Senior Automotive Management team on all Automotive Employee Engagement & Talent Development matters; to ensure a keen understanding of the business so as to propose and implement talent strategies, solutions and practices that support robust business growth in terms of Human Sigma optimization.
To establish, manage and lead a specialist Talent Management & Development Centre of Excellence function across the Automotive business, offering a full range of competency assessment, competency development, personal development plan programs, employee learning programs, succession planning, career development and organizational learning programs and services designed to ensure that all employees are developed and trained to the highest standards, and the organization is a learning organisation.
The main duties and responsibilities would be as follows:
• Establish the Talent Management Department under AFA's HR division and subsequently provide strategic direction across all organizations under AFA's umbrella to manage talent in their respective businesses
• Coordinate HR projects whilst managing and tracking timelines, minimize costs, and maintain accurate data records.
• Recommend and implement Automotive HR Metrics such as Direct/Indirect Headcount, Separations and Manpower costs as required by the Business, so businesses decisions are supported by the right set of data.
• Produce tailor made critical Human Sigma reports, as and when required by the businesses. •Review and monitor processes to ensure adequate audits and controls. Ensure process documentation in accurate. Benchmark best practices
• Liaise with business leaders and HR Business Partners to implement consistent and current role profiles using standard templates incorporating full competency model.
• Prepare Process Maps, Job Descriptions, Position Statements, Key Results Areas, Key Performance Indicators and Competencies for various positions.
• Manage the high potential process (selection of talent, development, entry / exit criteria) for the business using approved global standardized approach, tools and templates.
• Develop testing and evaluation procedures; Interpret psychometric assessment reports and conduct feedback sessions.
• Apply Talent Management expertise to develop policies, processes and programmes for Talent Pipeline development and thereby improve Employee Engagement and Productivity
• Successfully project AFA as a benchmark in Talent Management & Development Centre of Excellence in the automotive industry and region.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post graduate in HR with 12 to 15 years of experience of which 5 years must be as a Senior Manager for Talent Management, Development & HR Project Management, leading high performing teams and individuals in a Multinational Company.
- Be tactful and diplomatic, mature, adaptable; demonstrate good judgment to improve organizational, team and individual motivation and commitment.
- Use an internal consultancy approach when advising and guiding senior chiefs, managers and individuals on learning, training and talent management issues.
- Outstanding management skills and proven record in developing, leading talent management projects and delivering desired results. Exceptional qualitative intellectual abilities are essential with practical approach to problem-solving.
- Accountability - takes ownership to meet and exceed stretched goals, strong work ethic, tenacious, makes and keeps commitments.
- Strategic planning skills- creates and communicates a clear, customer focussed and growth-oriented strategy and well defined action plan for each Business Unit and HR BP team.
Time & project management:
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; especially Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Maintains direction and focus through proactive planning and organized approaches to work.
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain trusted relationships