This job is no longer available
Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE)
Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) is the real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim Group which is headquartered in Dubai. AFGRE is responsible for the origination, conception, development, procurement and construction of mega projects and the leasing, sales and operation of these projects after completion.
In addition, AFGRE develops and operates an extensive multi-million dollar portfolio of individual corporate real estate and investment assets across the MENA region.
The two current flagship mixed use urban communities under the Festival City brand are the award winning, Dubai Festival City (5.2 million square metres) and Cairo Festival City (3 million square metres).
About Dubai Festival City
Dubai Festival City is an Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate development project which covers 5.2 million sq m and stretches 3 kilometres along the historic Dubai Creek that optimizes the thriving and visionary spirit of Dubai.
Dubai Festival City is an established creek side, mixed use destination and premier waterfront community interconnecting finest residential, shopping, dining, leisure & entertainment, international hotels, schools, golf course, automotive park and offices. It is formed into three distinct districts and connected by a 30 kilometers internal road network and creek side promenade. This existing community offers freehold villas and apartments for sale and lease which combine traditional and contemporary architecture. Upon completion, the community will be home to 50,000 residents living in 20,000 villas and apartments, and ideal place to work for 50,000 office staff.
Dubai Festival City has recently won 3 top recognitions at The Arabian Property Awards 2010, in the categories of Best Mixed Use Development for Dubai Festival City, Best Residential Development for Al Badia Hillside Village, Dubai Festival City and Best Retail Development for Festival Centre, Dubai Festival City.
About Festival Centre
Festival Centre is home to Dubai's premier concerts and festivals and has hosted world class entertainers such as Carlos Santana, Maroon 5, Tamer Hosni, Amr Diab, Shah Rukh Khan and Kylie Minogue. It has also presented Dubai with a wide array of festivals from the Emirates Airlines International Festival of Literature through to Dubai Desert Rock and Dubai Bike Week.
Festival Centre hosts events, parades, entertainers and musicians each week ensuring families are always engaged and rewarded for their visit.
Festival Centre is a landmark 2m sq ft urban retail resort which forms the epicentre of Dubai Festival City now acknowledged to be one of UAE's most exciting retail, dining and leisure attractions. Set on the historic Dubai Creek, Festival Centre, offers over 400 world class retailers, 90 restaurants, cafés and bistros, a 12-screens Grand Festival Cinemas complex and a parking for more than 10,000 cars. It also boasts a stunning Marina and some of the emirate's most photographed sunset vistas.
The award winning Festival Centre has recently added the Five Star award 'Best Retail Development' at the Arabian Property Awards 2010, and two other prestigious Retail City awards - 'Mall of the Year' and 'Best Retail Destination of the Year'.
About Cairo Festival City
Cairo Festival City is the second fully integrated mega project to be progressively delivered. Encompassing the finest shopping, dining, entertainment, homes, school, offices and leisure, Cairo Festival City is connected by an internal road network and a necklace of parks interlaced throughout the city. Upon completion, Cairo Festival City will be home to over 13,000 residents in villas and apartments and a place to work for 50,000 office staffs.
Due to the expansion of the AFGRE business, we have an exciting new opening for a Coordinator - Mall Operations to organise and coordinate office operations and procedures and ensure all procurements for all departments at the mall are done as per company policy and procedures and existing DOA. Coordination with internal departments of Festival Centre for procurement of mall requirements and day to day administration.
In addition, the person will be responsible for providing a high level of organisation and administration support to the management of the Festival and other internal customers. This includes maintaining office records, supervising administrative staff and preparing management reports.
Responsibilities will include:
SAP Administration - Procurement for Festival Centre
- Liaise with different departments and procurement team for purchase for Festival Centre requirements.
- Coordinate with Mall Operations Department to raise work orders, obtain quotes in liaison with procurement team and obtain approvals as per the DOA.
- Raise local purchase orders for mall procurement relating to Mall Operations (including Civil, Mechanical, Tenant Support Team and Task Force Team), Security, Housekeeping, Tenant Coordination, Engineering, Customer Service, Specialty Leasing, and Major Events, Work Orders raised by Facilities Management and General Office purchases.
- Coordination with Finance team for timely release of LPOs and coordinate with to vendors to carry out related jobs.
- Verification of job completion or delivery of goods as per LPOs raised and process invoices to Finance for timely payments to vendors.
Tenant Coordination :
- Correspondence to tenants in a timely manner regarding mall events, gift vouchers, mall timings, operational policies and procedures, tenant compliance, etc.
- Arranging retailer meetings in coordination with managers of Festival Centre.
- Tracking of stores who are to cease trading in coordination with Leasing Team. Coordinate with tenants for hoarding installation upon store closure and submission of store closure report to Senior Management and Finance Department on weekly basis.
- Coordinate with tenants for reimbursement of gift vouchers.
Specialty Leasing :
- Attend to new enquiries from clients interested to lease kiosk and RMUs at Festival Centre.
- Receive concepts and company profile from new potential clients and submit to leasing Committee for approval.
- Assist the Specialty Leasing Team in ad hoc requests.
Supervision of Administrative Staff :
Supervise office support staff by assigning work, monitoring and supervising the day to day delivery and quality standards of the work.
- Delegate responsibilities among the administrative staff to ensure proper allocation of work load.
- Train staff in the use of automated systems and word processing softwares and trouble shoot problems.
- Evaluate staff performance, carry out appraisals and manage performance.
- Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload.
- Coach and discipline staff.
- Providing team members with advice and guidance on day to day work issues.
- Actively monitor attendances and absence.
Assist the Department Heads in the development and implementation of process & procedures and serves as a point of contact to resolve issues pertaining to Mall Operations, Al Areesh, Festival Marina and Customer Service Departments.
- Develops operating procedures, forms and systems. Plans, develops and facilitates changes in procedures, forms and practices, work flows, personnel assignments and practices.
- Approvals & verification of completed jobs and payment processing.
- Responsible for raising LPOs for vendors and coordination with finance on processing of payment.
- Coordination with centralised procurement on bulk procurement for Festival Centre including management offices.
- Ensuring stock levels of office equipment's are maintained within best value practices.
- Ensuring petty cash processes and issuance are maintained, in line with procedures.
- Design filing system and ensure these systems are up to date.
- Recording office expenditure and maintaining the budget.
- Draft processes in coordination with different departments to map out processes and controls in coordination with Finance.
- Maintain summary of DEWA consumption details on monthly basis for Festival Centre.
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the entire premises of the Festival Centre Management Office.
- Responsible for office set ups including IT, telecon and orientation meetings with Sr. Management for new joiners.
- Responsible for renewal of trade licenses for Festival Centre and Community Centre. Processing payments to Government authorities to ensure timely renewal of the licenses before the expiry.
- Maintaining files for all vendors and agreements / office correspondence as well as maintaining audit reports, legal reports and registration of agreements.
- Maintaining the condition of the Festival Centre management Office as per DFC standards and arranging for necessary repairs as & when required.
- Good standards of housekeeping are maintained at all times.
- Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment for maximum utilisation of space.
- Coordinate and organise office refurbishments in relation to various vendors and operations department for the smooth functioning of the team members.
- Upkeep and periodic checks of store room facilities to ensure stocks are properly stored for easy retrieving purpose.
- Collection and compilation of sales turnover report from 358 trading retailers of the mall on monthly basis for presentation to the Sr. Management.
- Monthly submission of details to Finance to bill tenants who are on turnover rent.
- Preparation of petty cash statements for reimbursements to Finance Department on monthly basis.
- Prepare and deliver ad hoc reports and presentations as and when required.
- Prepare foot traffic report on weekly basis for submission to stakeholders.
- Preparation of Festival Centre monthly reports for presentation to the Senior Management.
Foot Traffic Report
- Compilation of weekly foot traffic report for Zone 8 and Zone 4.
- Reporting taxi, abra, valet and shuttle counts on a weekly basis.
- Data entering of all above mentioned traffic counts in BI/BO system on a weekly basis which is integrated with SAP and can be reviewed by various departments at AFGRE.
- Prepare traffic comparison reports during marketing events, DSF, DSS, Ramadan, Eid Al Fitr, Eid Al Adha and Festive Season to determine footfall trends in the mall.
- Trained as the super user of the new people counting system (Shoppertrak) to compile foot traffic counts for presentation to Sr. Management.
- Responsible for installation of hoarding in coordination with the contractor and Operations Team for closed units in the mall.
- Coordinate with GMASCO for quotations to install graphics.
- Coordinate with GMASCO to create artwork for installation.
- Raise LPOs for hoarding and graphic installation for respective vendors.
- Organise, issue and approve job requests to respective vendors to ensure hoarding and graphic installation is completed.
- Upon completion of job, verification of invoices and processing to Finance for timely payments.
The role is required to contribute to the provision of quality services by providing high level of tenant coordination and administrative services in a professional and efficient manner which will reflect the company's reputation in the shopping centre industry.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- University Graduate in any discipline.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of office administration.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in Tenant Coordination or Mall Operations and office management with supervision in a large or medium size organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems within an office and to develop feasible solutions.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets and word processing programs and email at a highly proficient level.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Team building skills
- Stress and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful, possesses cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Demonstrates sound work ethics.
- Be flexible
- Proactive, punctual and reliable.
- Ethical behaviour