Job Description Our client, is a leading manufacturer and aftermarket service provider of flow control products and services is currently recruiting for Supply Chain/Procurement Manager
To provide an integrated supply chain/procurement management service encompassing advance procurement, demand management, purchasing, supplier development, Goods Inwards and inventory management to ensure improved delivery performance, reduced inventory levels and reduced costs.
Nature and Scope
The jobholder will report to the General Manager. There will be a dotted line reporting to the EMA Supply Chain Director.
The position will be based at the main company’s site in Dammam, Saudi Arabia
The challenge will be to bring together a number of functions and fuse these into an effective supply chain function – that is, advance procurement, purchasing, goods receiving, and supplier development and to implement an effective inventory management process.
This key appointment will have a substantial impact upon company delivery performance against customer requirements, a substantial impact upon bought-out item costs and on return on net assets (RONA) through inventory reduction.
Improvements will be available via increasing cross site collaboration and the linking of global supply chain deals into local needs.
A key accountability will be to develop and determine commodity strategy in alignment with regional commodity strategies This will entail
• Planning Annual Spend Targets, supplier consolidation and leverage volume, drive negotiations and close contracts aligned to supplier strategy and savings targets ;
• Planning Annual Savings Targets aligned with corporate objectives, • Developing Low Cost Sourcing Objectives per regional opportunity (Asia, India, E. Europe, S. America). Drive towards significant increase in Low Cost Sourcing
The site has a well developed CIP culture using Six Sigma and Lean and will want to employ these techniques in the improvement of the supply chain process.
The site is raising the levels of talent and developing a talent pool for future growth. The management of individual and team performance is a key part of future success in the role.
The incumbent will work closely with all peer group managers and will matrix into EMA Supply Chain Director and corporate staff. Previous exposure to matrix management structures will be an asset.
The incumbent will also undertake any other duties reasonably required.
1. To develop and manage a stable supplier base to deliver quality products and service on time at globally competitive pricing, and to drive supplier performance improvements.
2. To develop and achieve key performance metrics for on time delivery, inventory levels, cash flow and PPV to ensure supplier systems capabilities.
3. To support the site’s S and OP process to match supply and demand and identify over/under supply and capacity situations.
4. To provide strategic direction in the provision of supply base, inventory planning systems and programmes.
5. To drive CIP in improving processes and reducing costs
6. To manage the training, development, retention and succession of staff to ensure improved people performance, career development and retention.
7. To ensure compliance with corporate policy and regulations covering such aspects as health and safety, SOX and other requirements.
8. To develop and determine commodity strategy in alignment with regional commodity strategies.
1. A creative supply chain/procurement professional who possesses first class negotiation skills.
2. Graduate professional with relevant experience who has managed a team previously.
3. The ability to think strategically and implement actions operationally within a matrix organization.
4. The credibility to form good working relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
5. A track record of substantial CIP improvements to supply chain performance in terms of delivery reliability and cost saving initiatives.