This job is no longer available
Al-Futtaim is regarded as a pioneer in the Gulf region's Automotive industry and encompasses every aspect of the Automotive business; from passenger and commercial vehicles and construction equipment sales and service, to used car sales and rental and leasing.
A comprehensive network of showrooms and service centres covers the UAE and Gulf region providing customers with convenience, choice and the highest standards of after sales service. Al-Futtaim represents some of the world's most popular and desirable automotive brands including; Toyota, Lexus, Hino, Honda, Volvo, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge.
We are currently looking to recruit Workshop Foreman's to work from our Dubai based operations. Reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will be in charge of running the mechanical shop which employs a large number of staff and handles a large quantity of vehicles coming to the workshop. You therefore would be the key person to ensure high productivity and quality which will result in workshop profit, customer satisfaction and brand image.
Your duties will include the following:
- Effective communication with senior and subordinate staff for smooth operation of shop floor
- Train / coach to improve the ability of the team members and their efficiency
- Ensure proper job distribution, control and follow-up so that work is done correctly and as per schedule
- Develop an atmosphere in the workshop to maintain good morale and image to the customer
- Ensure quality work for enhanced customer satisfaction and retention by minimising repeat jobs hence increasing total workshop efficiency
- Maintain good shop floor efficiency for quick / timely vehicle delivery and good profitability
- Ensure workshop safety to prevent accidents, injury or damage of property, to staff or customers
- Ensure strict implementation of company rules, regulations and procedures (including warranty) within company policies
To apply for this role you should have the following skills, qualifications and knowledge:
- A degree / Diploma preferably in Automobile / Mechanical Engineering
- 5-7 years experience in a reputed workshop
- Technical knowledge
- Supervisory experience
- Solid computer skills