This job is no longer available
Al-Futtaim Motors occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to Toyota's worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Motors is synonymous with Toyota and Lexus, which enjoys undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. Besides Toyota, AF Motors also holds exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries and many more.
To provide full back-up support to these world-class franchises, AF Motors have an established network of showrooms and service & parts centres throughout the UAE.
Based in Abu Dhabi, the Service Manager will be the leader in driving the business forward, developing and improving processes and systems to increase efficiency, turnover and profits that will exceed set budgets. You will ensure the service department operates to the highest possible standards at all times delivering value for money for customers and excellent training opportunities for the employees, to motivate and identify training needs enabling staff to perform to meet and exceed our customer and business expectations. You will also establish and maintain process ensuring that all vehicle repair and other work is carried out within an operational framework and to a standard that meets or exceeds all relevant legislation, good practice guidelines and delivers first class customer service. You will report directly to the Dealer Principal of Al Futtaim Motors.
The key accountabilities of this role will include:
- Organize, direct and control the activities of the Service department to exceed budgets, ensuring optimum use of all personnel and facilities resource
- Ensure technical and process support to all staff and customers to ensure the "Fix it Right" ratio is maximized
- Ensure compliance and administering of all distributors corporate, operational, marketing and sales driven programs.
- Ensure that all staff is trained and equipped in line with job specific requirements and ensure active staff and customer engagement.
- Implement new ideas/systems to ensure proper workshop layout, workshop loading, equipment maintenance, and facility utilization that creates an efficient and customer focused environment.
- Coordinate activities of personnel conducting research and testing, servicing automotive vehicles and equipment and operation and maintenance, operational safety, and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- The active execution of all company policies and procedures.
You will have the following skills and experience to be considered for this position:
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business Management
- 3+ Year Service Manager or Aftersales Manager.
- Middle East Experience within a Volume Franchise.
- Proven track record in achieving targets and budgets
- Ability to train and coach, build relationships and utilize skills appropriately
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to maintain fair, consistent set of standards
- Ability adjust priorities and structure time wisely in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain strong administration skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner and listen attentively to others to understand material, and provide instructions to all employees.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform their job.