This job is no longer available
Al-Futtaim Motors occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to Toyota's worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Motors is synonymous with Toyota and Lexus, which enjoys undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. Besides Toyota, AF Motors also holds exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries and many more.
To provide full back-up support to these world-class franchises, AF Motors have an established network of showrooms and service & parts centres throughout the UAE.
We are looking to identify experienced Quality Testers to join our Toyota Workshop in Dubai. You will be responsbile for the final control and quality control of the Toyota workshop vehicles to ensure all vehicle repairs are of the highest quality.
The main responsibilities of the role will include (but not be limited to):
- To carry out pre diagnosis steps to ensure customer complaints are clearly identified prior to the vehicle entering the workshop.
- To ensure all relevant technical trends are communicated to the Workshop Manager for processing.
- To assist the relevant team members with hands on technical assistance and advice.
- To inform the Workshop Manager of any highly technical faults that may need assistance to repair.
- On occasions will be required to attend outside technical assistance to customers.
- Carry out daily quality control testing as per Toyota guidelines to ensure all performed work is to the highest standard.
- Submit a detailed weekly quality control report to the workshop manager to identify possible trends and training requirements.
- To monitor return work and identify possible trends with repairs and employees
- Report all equipment failures for immediate repairs to the Workshop Team Leader
- Ensure the workshop and workshop equipment is kept to a high standard and cleanliness at all times.
- To monitor the department CSI achievement and implement corrective measures where needed to achieve the department CSI target.
- Identify department training needs and coordinate with the workshop manager to implement individual training plans for each employee inclusive of a department training records.
- To ensure the department SOP are adhered to at all times
- The selected candidate must have the following skills and experience;
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A Minimum of 5 years experience as a Toyota vehicle Technician
- Be a Qualified Diagnostic Technician or equivalent
- Automobile related diploma/certificate
- Must have a good command of the English Language and Arabic is preferable
- Strong Mechanical / Electrical knowledge
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Possess a valid UAE driving license